Trailer with a moffett

Several times this week i have been asked if a moffett licence is required by the driver of a unit with a trailer and moffett attached even though the driver himself will not be using the moffett…any ideas ?

I should say that you will be fine to pull the trailer with the moffet attached. Obviously you’ll need a licence to drive the thing. When I used to be a part time wrecker driver, one of our trucks had a hiab on it, only one bloke on the firm had a hiab ticket, but the irony is, he couldn’t drive the wagon cos of his diabetes.
Hope this clears the matter up for you.

when i took my forktruck test back in the late 90’s our instructor said that as long as a surtain amount of drivers held a ticket others could drive them with out as long as they had permission for insurance purposes, its probably changed now though.

Can’t see it myself, I’m not ticketed for any type of plant yet I load and transport just about al ltypes of it. I carried a plane once but I couldn’t fly that either!

froggat:
Several times this week i have been asked if a moffett licence is required by the driver of a unit with a trailer and moffett attached even though the driver himself will not be using the moffett…any ideas ?

you need to pass a moffett test as c/balance fork lift is no good got nick had to take a test

8wheels:
Can’t see it myself, I’m not ticketed for any type of plant yet I load and transport just about al ltypes of it. I carried a plane once but I couldn’t fly that either!

I move counter balance trucks from time to time and its legal for me to run with them so I cant see why you’d need a moffet ticket to drag a trailer fitted with one as long as you dont use it.

you only need a licence for it,if your going to drive the moffat,as was said earlier,you’ll need a counter balance flt licence.

What is a fork lift license? Isn’t that just a bit of paper handed out willy nilly? Excuse me if im wrong but i was under the assumption you don’t even need a certificate to drive one. The only thing ive ever seen in regards to forklifts is that if they are to be used on the public highway the driver must have a car license.

We run with Moffett’s on our trailers for our contract catchers,i’ve got my moffett and counter balance licences but most of our drivers dont but they have to be trained how to load and offload them from the trailers on site,we dont go into the sheds to load the chickens anymore so it’s just delivering the moffetts site to site now :smiley: :smiley:

Well I’ve got a Moffet ticket but we got rid of the Moffets and use customers machines to off load. Shame really as they were the best tool on the job, I could tip and re-load a full trailer myself in 20 mins, now I’m at the mercy of some jobsworths who’ll tip it when they are ready :unamused:

The tiket to [zb] wit dem my son is 13 year old and he drive the moffet mounty better than some of the men that i work with he can take 22 euro pallets of peat off a 45ft trailer in 20 mins flat wer as the more experienced drives
cant even do it in 30mins

8wheels:

very true think all that is needed is cat n on drivers licence 2 move plant

Thanks for all of your input.It seems that no ‘‘you do not’’ is the resounding answer.
Cheers