trailer weight

hey people do any one know what the weight of a tri axle fridge 44ft is empty

I go 17,500 with full tank.

Depends on the make or type of fridge but as Big Griffin says around the 17,500kg mark for a standard fridge is about the average, meat railers are usually closer to 20,000 and some twin evaps around the 18,000kg. Generally a Schimtz fridge is at the lighter end of the scale with Gray and Adams being at the heavier end.

Mazzer2:
Depends on the make or type of fridge but as Big Griffin says around the 17,500kg mark for a standard fridge is about the average, meat railers are usually closer to 20,000 and some twin evaps around the 18,000kg. Generally a Schimtz fridge is at the lighter end of the scale with Gray and Adams being at the heavier end.

Doesnt leave much payload??

About 10 ton or so - not sure what anyone else is smoking

They start at about 9 ton or there abouts going up to around 10 ton depending on what extras are fitted eg. Pallet boxes.

Own Account Driver:

I believe the others are including a 3 axle tractor. Did the OP ask about a 44 foot or a 44 tonne fridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbya:
Doesnt leave much payload??

Around 39-50 I recon

With or without seating? :open_mouth:

Own Account Driver:

Was referring to all up weight minus 8,000kg to get the trailer weight, but haven’t seen many trailers making their own way down the M1 so for practical purposes your payload is 44t minus 17.5t

WhiteTruckMan:

:grimacing:

Mazzer2:

Own Account Driver:

Was referring to all up weight minus 8,000kg to get the trailer weight, but haven’t seen many trailers making their own way down the M1 so for practical purposes your payload is 44t minus 17.5t

Ok, I just, you know, thought it made more sense, for practical purposes, to answer the actual question asked.

Own Account Driver:
*Ok, …I just thought it made more sense… to answer the actual question asked.

Are you new here?

*mercilessly edited for effect of course!
:smiley:

Own Account Driver:

I’m guessing the others are saying the weight of unit and empty trailer combined which will be around the 17ton mark. The op asked for trailer weight, not unit plus trailer.

Franglais:

Own Account Driver:
*Ok, …I just thought it made more sense… to answer the actual question asked.

Are you new here?

*mercilessly edited for effect of course!
:smiley:

LOL a bit harsh that :smiley: :smiley:

WhiteTruckMan:

Standing room only