Trailer Tyres

Evening OD s a mate sent me a pic of a tyre he defected this morning it had the outer grooves like new but the rest of the patten looked bald anyway a tyre fitter turns up and says nothing wrong its ment to be like it and as it wears the groves open strange ! anyway he shows him the new tyre in the van and yes it was exactly the same outer groves perfect innner patten looked bald never come across this before i womderd if you guys had and what there called he was told there tech name but forgot any idears ? he said you could just get your finger nail in the inner pattern and to be fair it did look bald

We took delivery a few months back of 20 or so new fridge trailers, they too had tyres that at first glance appear to be slicks but as you describe have two main outer grooves. A number of us questioned it but were assured that they are perfectly legal.

the maoster:
We took delivery a few months back of 20 or so new fridge trailers, they too had tyres that at first glance appear to be slicks but as you describe have two main outer grooves. A number of us questioned it but were assured that they are perfectly legal.

I mm not douting the fitter at all but how do you tell if its knackered or its one that’s supposed to be that way

Way above my pay grade that one mate. Our lot run a three mil minimum policy, so as far as I’m concerned once the outer grooves get anywhere near that the defect book will come out.