Trailer swaps

Should trailer swaps be stopped at truck stops / services overnight.
Seem to be Bain of my life , constantly seem to get woken up overnight by the sound of reversing beepers , blowing horn to say goodbye to your mate doors left open with radio going whilst the 2 drivers in question have a love in with each other , or moan for 20 mins about this that or the other .
Rant over , good night

Happy Trucker1:
Seem to be Bain of my life , constantly seem to get woken up overnight by the sound of reversing beepers , blowing horn to say goodbye to your mate doors left open with radio going whilst the 2 drivers in question have a love in with each other , or moan for 20 mins about this that or the other .
Rant over , good night

Think yourself lucky your sleeping , I’m working ,
Nb mow you’re bloody lawn at the weekend , not at 11 am on a Tuesday when I’m trying to sleep !!!

I think you should change your name

Rant over :grimacing: :grimacing:

Happy Trucker1:
Rant over , good night

It’s no better at the hubs ! :imp:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=168649

Even better, fellow drivers show a bit of thought and exercise some respect for fellow drivers trying to kip…

They are too thick to work out where the switch is for turning off the reverse beeper or audible warning device.

It’s good…

To know that reversing bleepers have stopped people from being flattened, like totally 100% no more injuries.

As for people shouting out loudly at all hours, that just seems to be the way. Everywhere I’ve been in the UK, there’s always someone hollering at the top of their voice to someone else who has to reply just as loudly. I don’t remember it being a thing when I was a nipper. We walked home from the pub quietly and fell asleep on the front door mat like everyone else did.

pierrot 14:

I think someone already has the name Grumpy C*%#

pierrot 14:

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rob22888:
Even better, fellow drivers show a bit of thought and exercise some respect for fellow drivers trying to kip…

Yep, that just about sums it up, …utterly thick and ignorant 2hats with no manners or consideration for their fellow drivers… :grimacing:
To some of us it is just second nature to knock off bleepers, and be as quiet as possible when you see a truck with curtains drawn.

robroy:

rob22888:

Yep, that just about sums it up, …utterly thick and ignorant 2hats with no manners or consideration for their fellow drivers… :grimacing:
To some of us it is just second nature to knock off bleepers, and be as quiet as possible when you see a truck with curtains drawn.

Respect…it’s a generational thing…no one has any these days who was born after around 1980 i reckon

RIPPER:

robroy:

rob22888:

Respect…it’s a generational thing…no one has any these days who was born after around 1980 i reckon

Yeh but if that IS the case, it’s OUR generation of parents to blame.
I’m proud to say all my 4 kids have respect and good manners, my wife takes most of the credit for that, seeing as I’ve spent much of my life away from home.

I was reading a local social media group and the ladies that lunch were complaining about a couple of aggregate and muck away grab lorries blocking the road to the school. Tarquin was late for school for the third time this week. The local neighbourhood liaison officer said he would write to the council and gas board to see if the contactors could start later and finish earlier, they were deadly serious. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I suggest HappyTrucker is maybe in the wrong job!

You have a very good point. Most seem determined to make as much noise as possible surrounded by as many sleep drivers as they can find. People Need to be a lot more consideration for others

RIPPER:

robroy:

rob22888:

From my observations it is usually the older generation who are the biggest culprits. The younger drivers don’t talk to anyone and will be in their cab with the curtains round, watching tiktok videos and typing endless crap on twitter and facebook.

Some absolute throbber at Kingsbury last night decided to park up in the middle of the truck park where everyone was sleeping then change his air lines at 1am, with the engine running. Cue a lot of furious truckers peering out of their curtains to see what on earth was going on. :imp:

DCPCFML:

RIPPER:

robroy:

rob22888:

From my observations it is usually the older generation who are the biggest culprits. The younger drivers don’t talk to anyone and will be in their cab with the curtains round, watching tiktok videos and typing endless crap on twitter and facebook.

Some absolute throbber at Kingsbury last night decided to park up in the middle of the truck park where everyone was sleeping then change his air lines at 1am, with the engine running. Cue a lot of furious truckers peering out of their curtains to see what on earth was going on. :imp:

How very English…
Angry twitching of curtains!
[emoji3]

Net curtains like Coronation Street or do not look at me peek a boo curtains, the ones where the driver is blind as a bat when approaching a junction or roundabout and has to stop to lean forward as the ■■■■■■ has no safe side vision but that is ok if you are in a Scanny V8 with disco lights and anti kangaroo bull bars , never late in a V 8 written on the back of the cab or steps along with three steps to heaven .
I have seen the curtain twitching and sense there will be hand bags at dawn if they don’t pipe down the noise .
Or even worse someone has stolen your pre booked parking space and removed the cones without asking security on site .

Tarmaceater:
Net curtains like Coronation Street or do not look at me peek a boo curtains, the ones where the driver is blind as a bat when approaching a junction or roundabout and has to stop to lean forward as the ■■■■■■ has no safe side vision but that is ok if you are in a Scanny V8 with disco lights and anti kangaroo bull bars , never late in a V 8 written on the back of the cab or steps along with three steps to heaven .
I have seen the curtain twitching and sense there will be hand bags at dawn if they don’t pipe down the noise .
Or even worse someone has stolen your pre booked parking space and removed the cones without asking security on site .

:laughing:
Drivers who tell you “I always park here mate” on some random unmarked piece of land or parking place, as if they own it, when you have the audacity to park in “their” spot.

Lol at the change my name .
I am very much a happy trucker and really enjoy my job.
For all the problems that there are day to day for us all I find the biggest ones are the problems that are created by our fellow comrades .
The place in question where I encountered the noise was Lancaster services which basically might as well be a Yodel RDC trailer swaps going on from 2030 when I arrived until 0700 when I left mix that with our Irish friends ( probably the loudest nation in Europe ) talking outside there cabs half the night what ferry there catching etc ,
It’s true to say I didn’t have much sleep .

Anyway roll on happy trucking .
Nice quiet spot tonight

Happy Trucker1:
Lol at the change my name .
I am very much a happy trucker and really enjoy my job.
For all the problems that there are day to day for us all I find the biggest ones are the problems that are created by our fellow comrades .
The place in question where I encountered the noise was Lancaster services which basically might as well be a Yodel RDC trailer swaps going on from 2030 when I arrived until 0700 when I left mix that with our Irish friends ( probably the loudest nation in Europe ) talking outside there cabs half the night what ferry there catching etc ,
It’s true to say I didn’t have much sleep .

Anyway roll on happy trucking .
Nice quiet spot tonight

Sounds dreadful…

Might I suggest you park facing the wrong way if it’s possible? You’ll defo get a quieter night if your cab is surrounded by trailer doors.