Trailer registrations

From tomorrow the 28th March all trailers going into Europe will need to have registered with DVLA, and issued with a certificate of registration which has to be carried on all journeys, and should carry the new registration plate on the rear of the trailer. Got sent the notification today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your notification is a bit late Bob, the forms were issued in September when 68 plates started, the trailer still needs the unit plate on it and has to be illuminated, however, the trailer plate doesn’t have to be lit up.

Oh and £26 each trailer

Wheel Nut:
Your notification is a bit late Bob, the forms were issued in September when 68 plates started, the trailer still needs the unit plate on it and has to be illuminated, however, the trailer plate doesn’t have to be lit up.

Oh and £26 each trailer

Look at the brightside, payments for ecmt permits arent being taken. Or wernt.

sorry Malc, just thought i would send out a reminder, as i got the email yesterday from.gov…didnt want anyone to get into france and have to part with their Francs :smiley: :smiley:

Thought I was being a bit crafty having a smaller plate made as the regulation size one won’t fit on rear of my small trailer (yes I know can put on sides but that won’t work easily either) but following an Acumen rig yesterday & not only have they gone for a rectangular plate, but it’s in yellow not white!

iguana:
Thought I was being a bit crafty having a smaller plate made as the regulation size one won’t fit on rear of my small trailer (yes I know can put on sides but that won’t work easily either) but following an Acumen rig yesterday & not only have they gone for a rectangular plate, but it’s in yellow not white!

Obviously lacking any of these company name then.

Yeah we made that mistake as we couldn’t put the plate on the back of our semi and step frame trailers they were fitted on the headboard. So now they have to remove that one and get another plate made as we have been told they need to be fitted on each side.

most of the european registrations are oblong ones, and do have one on each side, but didnt know if that was the leagal stand point.