Trailer overhang

if I have a load on my 45ft/13.6mtr flat trailer how much of an overhang am I allowed, is it measured from the axles or the rear of the trailer.

The reason is I have a load to lift which is going to be 50ft long on a 45ft trailer what is needed ref marker boards, police notified, a helper

Thanks

i think you only need the police if its over 2 meteres at the back or side, up to that marker boards and an ■■■■■■ would be needed i think, 1 metre and under and your fine on your own,

if its only 5ft hanging off the back i think youll be fine with few markers.

dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/dr … /guidance/

9 foot 6 in old money is the max before telling anybody iirc
so stick a marker board on you’ll be fine watch the tail swing though

[album]69[/album]

:blush: :blush: :blush:

5ft of overhang is nothing to worry about, just stick a marker board on and you will be ok, but please dont put one of them stupid flashing orange lights on that people seem to use nowadays cos they cant be arsed to put a proper board on, on a lowloader doing 30- 4omph then fine, but something doing 56mph with 3ft of overhang that everyone has to follow in the dark , i,ll stop there, rant over,sorry i got carried away there :slight_smile:

chaversdad:
5ft of overhang is nothing to worry about, just stick a marker board on and you will be ok, but please dont put one of them stupid flashing orange lights on that people seem to use nowadays cos they cant be arsed to put a proper board on, on a lowloader doing 30- 4omph then fine, but something doing 56mph with 3ft of overhang that everyone has to follow in the dark , i,ll stop there, rant over,sorry i got carried away there :slight_smile:

Na you aint ranting your simply telling as it is becons on go slower so we dont have to look at it all the way up the M5 onto the M6 etc etc.
In saying that had one last night (ridged) he had a pull out light board that came back to the end of the load with suttle amber flashers all built in to the board Not bright flashy flashy but just enough to warn of the overhang

seen one tonite coming out of scunthorpe, extender only opened to about 55ft, no more than 3 or 4ft over the back and he had 2 orange lights on the the roof going and 1 on the back of the trailer ! i like to drive along drawing as little attention to myself as possible, but some people seem to have the " look at me with all my orange lights flashing, arent i important" mentality, sorry to go on but it ■■■■■■ me right off sometimes

Thanks for all the replys, and no I wont be useing all them flashing beacons