Trailer Heights

Hi Guys,

Need some help with trailer heights, I need a cube of 92m3 in a curtainsider, however the overal height of the trailer
cannot be over 4 mtrs for using in Europe. So I’m looking at a 4.2 mtr trailer but will then need to lower the trailer ?

I’m thinking change the supersingles from 385X65X22.5 to 385X55X22.5 but is the difference only 10cm or is it 10 mm ?
sorry I have had a very bad day and the brain will not work !!! being thick !!!

Then if need be I will re-adjust the airbags to lower the trailer a bit more to bring it down to 4 mtrs.

Many thanks

JJSL

JJSL:
Hi Guys,

Need some help with trailer heights, I need a cube of 92m3 in a curtainsider, however the overal height of the trailer
cannot be over 4 mtrs for using in Europe. So I’m looking at a 4.2 mtr trailer but will then need to lower the trailer ?

I’m thinking change the supersingles from 385X65X22.5 to 385X55X22.5 but is the difference only 10cm or is it 10 mm ?
sorry I have had a very bad day and the brain will not work !!! being thick !!!

Then if need be I will re-adjust the airbags to lower the trailer a bit more to bring it down to 4 mtrs.

Many thanks

JJSL

autoline-eu.co.uk/sf/semi-traile … 77600.html
not sure of the height but I’m sure it’ll be 4mts

to add why curtain and not euroliner that could give a touch more flex if needed :question:

nick2008:
to add why curtain and not euroliner that could give a touch more flex if needed :question:

Nearly all euroliners are 4 mtrs high and the internal height of 2.6 mtrs which is too low to get 92 m3 cube I already
have mega euroliners which are 3 mtrs internal and 4 mtrs overal height. so it would not work

changing from 385/65 to 385/55 tyres will lower the trailer by 8cm (the number behind the ■■■■■ is the percentage of height from the width, you have a 10 percent difference in height, ca 4cm and multiplied by two for 4cm from the top and the bottom). but where do you get the 2.60m inner height from? modern normal height curtainsiders measure in at 2.75 usually from my experience.

Just as a thoughtt, a 4m walking floor on 385/55 is 92m3, on 385/65 its 90m3; so what your looking for should be achievable. Both with a 1250mm 5th wheel height.

If I can find anything specific on Monday I’ll pm you.

milodon:
changing from 385/65 to 385/55 tyres will lower the trailer by 8cm (the number behind the ■■■■■ is the percentage of height from the width, you have a 10 percent difference in height, ca 4cm and multiplied by two for 4cm from the top and the bottom). but where do you get the 2.60m inner height from? modern normal height curtainsiders measure in at 2.75 usually from my experience.

you double it to work the difference in diameters, but leave it as it is to work out the ride height difference fella

385 x 0.65 = 250.25mm
385 x 0.55 = 211.75mm

so as you say, near enough 4 cm difference in profile and ride height

We run on 1200 fifth wheels on 6x2

4 mtr krone on 1200 height
And the sloping back version
Gives us 2.65 at front and 2.75 at rear height

4.2 on 1200. 2.75 at front 2.85 at rear

Both on 385/65’s

Schmitz do the sane aswell

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the replies, I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I have been away.

Best regards

JJSL

How did you get on jjsl