Trailer falls off

youtube.com/watch?v=vxo2j0kAnpQ

:laughing: :laughing:

Wounded :laughing:

Iā€™ve had a trailer come off and overtake me !!! Its not nice :laughing:

That was a real God Verdomme :stuck_out_tongue:

That is a fear I have everyday, I always do a 2tug test and lift the trailer off its legs when hooking up, I just worry because Iā€™ve known a couple of drivers who it has happened to.

Thatā€™s why you have a torch, always tug test, get out & have a look up her ā€˜Jacksieā€™ with your torch to make sure the bar has come across & the trailer is square on the fifth wheel plate/no daylight.

Some of our drivers have a habit of dropping them to high (donā€™t know why, it means more winding down the legs :unamused: ) if you go in low, tug test, then jump out & connect up without checking to gap, you might be surprised when the Trailer decides to Part Company 100 yards down the road. :wink:

Nearly happened to Alex on Ice Road ā€˜Fā€™ (sorry) truckers, I think the mechanism was frozen, but he didnā€™t check it properly when he hooked up. :open_mouth:

rocket science

The Phantom Pin Puller.Kids pull the pin for a joke or ex disgruntled drivers with a chip on their shoulder or owed money.
How many of us check the pin on a pit stop for coffee or tacho break in the day?

Wheel Nut:
That was a real God Verdomme :stuck_out_tongue:

Not to worry, he has the very special pomp, the chef he pays the fines! :stuck_out_tongue:

How come it doesnā€™t come off straight away ? Lol he didnā€™t know what to do

toby1234abc:
The Phantom Pin Puller.Kids pull the pin for a joke or ex disgruntled drivers with a chip on their shoulder or owed money.
How many of us check the pin on a pit stop for coffee or tacho break in the day?

I do. Something my driving instructor got us to do when returning to the vehicle. Itā€™s become a habit now and not one Iā€™m worried about breaking anytime soon.

You never know who is lurking about when you walk off to the loo.

I check the pin as a matter of habit.

Had it tampered with by an ex workmate who thought he was being funnyā€¦ luckily i was empty at the time :imp:

martinviking:
Thatā€™s why you have a torch, always tug test, get out & have a look up her ā€˜Jacksieā€™ with your torch to make sure the bar has come across & the trailer is square on the fifth wheel plate/no daylight.

Some of our drivers have a habit of dropping them to high (donā€™t know why, it means more winding down the legs :unamused: ) if you go in low, tug test, then jump out & connect up without checking to gap, you might be surprised when the Trailer decides to Part Company 100 yards down the road. :wink:

Nearly happened to Alex on Ice Road ā€˜Fā€™ (sorry) truckers, I think the mechanism was frozen, but he didnā€™t check it properly when he hooked up. :open_mouth:

After tug test and fitting dog clip I still get the torch out & check underneath at the pin to ensure bar is across. Others say its OTT but nice to see others do the same.

You could tell the driver was loving that, poncing along in his shiny silver Merc looking like the Don till that fateful DOH! moment.

I had it happen to me once as a newbie, a brown trousered moment indeed, and NOT one to be repeated. At least it was in the yard. They still had to get a wrecker in to lift the front end so I could wind the legs down :blush: :blush:

Limeyphil hid in the bushes then pulled the pin to make his ā€œmovieā€.!!

papermonkey:
I had it happen to me once as a newbie, a brown trousered moment indeed, and NOT one to be repeated. At least it was in the yard. They still had to get a wrecker in to lift the front end so I could wind the legs down :blush: :blush:

Why?? Low gear wind and a couple of fork lifts wouldā€™ve saved them a fortune. Or even just the low gear wind and teach you a lesson :smiling_imp:

Smoggie89:
How come it doesnā€™t come off straight away ?

its surprising how far you could travel with the pin hooked in front of the fifthwheel

Iā€™ve never checked the bar is across, just the tug and clip. Surely if you have done that there is no come backs to my fault? Although checking would cause problems