Trailer electrics

I’m currently sat in the rain with no brake lights or indicators on the trailer. Units are all fine I have checked all connections and used a bit of wd 40, also checked fuses all seems ok. Earlier on i had an abs warning come on but as quick as it came on it went out again. Any ideas? I have rung breakdown but they are disputing if it’s a unit or trailer fault and to who comes out.
Side and marker lights all ok also and I have a spare abs lead which I’ve also tried.

Are the brake lights and indicators working on your unit?

Yes all unit lights work. TIP who look after the trailer are coming at 6 in the morning now. Managed to borrow another lead which didn’t fix it so 90% sure it will be a trailer fault.

The best way to find out if it’s a trailer or unit fault is to plug your line into another trailer. is there another truck near by that you can get down the side of and plug your unit into to see?

There is but not sure the driver would be happy if I wake him up lol thanks for the help you’ve all given but I have done all i can so I’ll leave it to the experts.

Turned out the junction box at the front of the trailer had been taking water in and corroded some wires. All sorted now so can carry on. :slight_smile: