Trailer dealers / reconditioners

The trailer is looking a bit tired, tows fine but the curtains and rear doors are looking pretty bad. The curtains have some big rips, the ali has just disappeared on the doors around the steel furniture and the paint / steel is looking tired. It’s a 2001 SDC. Anyone know of any reconditioners in the Scunthorpe / Doncaster area or trailer dealers that would have some maybe 3/4 years old. I’ve looked in some of the local auction catalogues and they all seem to be older than mine… although most look better :laughing:

Try Lawrence David in Peterborough, make sure you screw them for a good price!!!

SDC in Mansfield sell used trailers and can do a package to refurb it to your standards and colours

there is one on grange lane north in scunny , i’m sure they recon trailers . sorry i cant remember the name of the firm tho :laughing:

http://www.stc-uk.com/ these do a good job may even take your old trailer in px or refurb it for you

Montracon in Donny!

I agree Montracon or try you local Hill Hire

I would imagine it will be cheaper to replace your trailer rather than refurbish it in a buyers market. There may be some good deals at SDC or as mentioned they do refurbishments

sdctrailers.com/refurbishmen … hment.html

sprtrailers.com/immingham.htm

Hairsine Trailers Towerhouse Lane Hull

CVA at Doncaster and Protruck at Sandtoft, give Charlie Wright a nod, but make sure you can back it up with cash :laughing:

protruckauctions.com/index.asp

cva-auctions.co.uk/index.php

A bit further afield maybe but might be worth a call;

gilmourbrothers.co.uk/traile … hment.html

Thanks for the names, will do some phoning round. Agree it’ll probably be cheaper to replace than refurb but i’ll ask for prices for both. She’s looking a little tired :frowning:

Chassis and running gear not baf though :slight_smile:

Cynic-al:
Thanks for the names, will do some phoning round. Agree it’ll probably be cheaper to replace than refurb but i’ll ask for prices for both. She’s looking a little tired :frowning:

You will always have this problem on any structure involving aluminium and steel as it creates galvanic corrosion. We used to have to deal with it on sea containers we were refurbishing. The different metals react, as one acts as a cathode (noble) and the other an anode (less noble) so you need to keep them apart. We did this by painting the hinges, rivets, bolts and door furniture brackets before assembling the doors. We then had to fit the doors without damaging the protective paint. After this the whole unit was then shotblasted and painted again.

They have this same problem on yachts and boats which is resolved by fitting a sacrificial anode. A piece of less noble metal of which it’s only purpose is to corrode intentionally.