Trailer damages building and car near Oswestry

Pub owner David Baynham said he was cooking at the time

A pub building was damaged and a car crushed when a loaded trailer came off a tractor in Shropshire.

The building on the side of the pub, where The Queen’s Head owner’s son lives, was struck at about 14:45 BST when the trailer overturned.

The owner of the pub in Queen’s Head near Oswestry, David Baynham, 44, said the wrecked car belonged to his son, 21-year-old Daniel.

Mr Baynham added the commercial kitchen area was evacuated.

He said: "I was in the kitchen cooking - where the damage was done, I was just the other side of the wall.

"The whole building was shaking for about 20 or 30 seconds.

“I was waiting for the roof to come down.”

He said part of the building which housed ducting was demolished when the trailer overturned, but he was “OK” with insurance.

The pub is still open to customers.

Oh dear.

Now if I can try and pass on the sterotype: Bloody farmers, reading the Sun and watching DVDs at the wheel!

Good that no one was hurt.

Pub’s now been re-named: Hopp Inn

nsmith1180:
Now if I can try and pass on the sterotype: Bloody farmers, reading the Sun and watching DVDs at the wheel!

you forgot about them holding the mobile phone to their ear without a hands free kit.
Every bloody farmer I`ve seen recently driving on the road in a tractor seems to be on the mobile talking

Thats Maize in the trailer. Given the current weather and past weeks rain, Im not suprised it went over. Not sure she went at that point tho. It doesnt make sense to me.

Hiya have the police checked the techo/the speed limiter…checked the 6 weekly inspection. was the driver over
his hours is there a weigh ticket.i’am not sure on what the rules are on tractors pulling trailers.
HA HA HA HA HA iam 62 and still belive in santa.
John

The blue New Holland tractor was travelling along the B5009 near the Queen’s Head public house when the trailer overturned as it approached the main A5 road at about 2.45pm today.

The trailer flipped on to a black car - which was unoccupied - causing extensive damage. Nobody was hurt.

The trailer was carrying grain and also hit an outbuilding next to the pub, but the pub itself was not affected.
From The Shropshire Star.

Well on a personal basis i have no time for farmers as they seem to have a bet going on between themselves on how many bikers they can kill by pulling out in front of them on country lanes - they have almost killed me on numerous occasions… :imp:

I hope they lock the t.w.@.t up for failing to secure his load… w.@.n.k.e.r…

Torkey:
Well on a personal basis i have no time for farmers as they seem to have a bet going on between themselves on how many bikers they can kill by pulling out in front of them on country lanes - they have almost killed me on numerous occasions… :imp:

How dare a FARMER have the audacity to pull onto a COUNTRY LANE in front of a biker who is quietly tootling along,riding his bike at a speed suitable for the road,aye right !!! :laughing:

Torkey:

what about farmers who ride bikes?

do you know he failed to secure his load?

far more bikers do lets see how long i can survive riding like a ■■■■ :unamused:

i was tankering drinking water one hot weekend in the summer ,hoards of bikers had a big meet at the cafe at west meon hut
i was tankering it from basingstoke up to liss ,the stunts these idiots pulled on the A32 A272 was unbelievable despite a big police presence
how none got killed that day is pure luck ,so i will tar you lot with one big brush too