Trailer coupling questions

Having never had to use any type of tipping trailer before, can anyone tell me if the pipe feeding the hydraulics has some kind of tap to be turned off before disconecting it? or is it self sealing in the same way as the airlines.
I’ve always imagined air line couplings would be standard the world over, but after catching a glimpse on TV of the American style recently, they have some kind of snap off system don’t they?
Can anyone with experience of working abroad say how the couplings in other countries differ from ours, and which style is more widely prefered.

or is it self sealing in the same way as the airlines]

The hydraulic pipes on the trailers I’ve used had those types of connectors yes.

All the ones I have used have been self sealing, saying that I haven’t used one for the last 6 years so things may have changed.

most hydro couplings are self sealers but make sure the pto is disengaged & the ram closed before you diconect
The air line couplings used in the US & most of the rest of the world are called palm couplings & just slide together there are large & small ones of these.
But ours are the best & most secure & they are British.

Most Hydraulic fittings are self sealing and are push fit like a C type or use a threaded nut. Make sure they are centred, especially with the C type and you need to check the valve opens as the 2 surfaces mate.

Some trailers will also use a return pipe, especially if it is driving a cargo pump or a hydraulic motor.

In my opinion the palms are a lot better than the C type air lines and as Britain is the only country in the world to use them. I question whether they are best. I have used them for a lot of years and never had one come off or cause me any problems