Trailer air chamber problem

I can fix a lot of things but this ones giving me headaches. VanHool tilt with Wabco chambers,the centre axle chambers are not releasing as quick as the other four and one doesnt look as if its applying properly either. We’ve checked for air leaks and cant see any kinked pipes either…both chambers knackered or a valve problem?? Hungarian trailer and its obviously been brought in like this :unamused:
Problem only came to light when releasing the parking brake and trying to pull away…

Teeing some pressure gauges into the chamber ports will tell you what’s going on with air going in and out of the chamber. Both on an axle would mean valves are suspect but could equally be unlucky and both chambers gone.

You could wind the spring brakes off and see if there’s any difference also.

Thanks for that Own Account Driver, does actually now look like both chambers are knackered as there IS air leaking from the ports which i didnt notice earlier on and on top of that ive just noticed a big split in one of the rear axle tyres. Im dropping this one now and taking another, both going to the same place anyway, will leave this one for the fitters to fix tomorrow, theres too much wrong with it.A lot of these tilts are ex Hungarocamion, theyve flogged them to death and now another haulier has taken them on,some of them really are past their sell by date…
Cheers for the reply… :slight_smile:

Omg… :grimacing: one of my Spanish work mates has just had a good go at it,it would have been able to have been dragged across to the workshops but hes completely f*cked it,its now got one massive air leak, its not going anywhere now :laughing:

Sounds like that may not be a bad thing.

Conor:
Sounds like that may not be a bad thing.

Youre right Conor, it made its way here from Hungary but going by condition on its last legs, loaded with 28t of aggregates as well.
If it was left alone when i gave up on it at least it would have been able to be pulled across to the workshops (not far), its disabled now though…

AndrewG:
Omg… :grimacing: one of my Spanish work mates has just had a good go at it,it would have been able to have been dragged across to the workshops but hes completely f*cked it,its now got one massive air leak, its not going anywhere now :laughing:

Box of matches anyone :wink:

nick2008:
Box of matches anyone :wink:

After unloading the very nice polished stones, i would have been the first to have stuck a match to it :wink: