Trailer abs warning

In my 64 reg MAN the words TRAILER ABS keep coming up on the dash, along with the icon and the amber triangle. Also it bleeps every eight seconds or so, not great when you’re on a long run. It’s been doing this for a day and a half (two different trailers). I’ve checked the ABS lead several times and even swapped ends round. Maybe it’s my imagination but the brakes seem a bit keener than usual, though not enough to worry about. Anyone got any ideas?

Have you changed the lead completely ?
Also check fuses

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chinese6:
In my 64 reg MAN the words TRAILER ABS keep coming up on the dash, along with the icon and the amber triangle. Also it bleeps every eight seconds or so, not great when you’re on a long run. It’s been doing this for a day and a half (two different trailers). I’ve checked the ABS lead several times and even swapped ends round. Maybe it’s my imagination but the brakes seem a bit keener than usual, though not enough to worry about. Anyone got any ideas?

If the brakes seem sharper then they probably are! That combined with the warning lights may suggest there is a fault with the ABS…
Never overlook the obvious: the warning lights may not be a false alarm!
Get it sorted before your brakes lock up on a wet road.

Ta for the advice. Swapped lead for another one and Bob’s your uncle!

chinese6:

Doe’s this mean that someone else has an ABS problem!

Now wash your hands after reading this, as you don’t know where mine have been before typing this reply :smiley: :laughing:

dave docwra:

chinese6:

Doe’s this mean that someone else has an ABS problem!

Now wash your hands after reading this, as you don’t know where mine have been before typing this reply :smiley: :laughing:

Haha, no, the old one has bitten the dust. I’m in Kettering this morning btw, loading at Seddons for Sutton-in-Ashfield.