TRAGEDY

Thanks for the kind words guys guess i went off on one sorry…

Cheers Jim :frowning:

Jimmy, no, you didnt just go off on one… You said what you felt you had to say, and there is nothing wrong with that at all. You have no need to be sorry…

I lost a very good friend while we werre out on our bikes. I was leading, and went round a bend, but for some reason, he didnt make it… and met a car coming the other way. I held his hand until he passed away on the scene… so I know how you must be feeling.

My sincerest sympathies to you and everyone involved.
Just think, he’s probably taking turns with my mate, taking God pillion… :wink:

All the best mate

A few weeks back a mate of mine was leaving seaforth docks on his motorbike heading home to his family. On his way out the dock he was involved in a bad accident with a vehicle been driven on the wrong side of the road. Sadly he passed away last monday (29 Dec) having regained conciousness for a breif time. We all thought he was getting better and are all shocked and saddened by theis, The question I ask is this>If the person driving the van is found guilty,what will the punishment be?, A slap on the wrist or a deterent sentence? I think i can answer that one can you ?
anyway enough of my rant .
all the best guys
cheers jim

sorry to hear about the sad loss of your friend, i would not like to pass judgement but i’m sure the police and the courts are not stupid when it comes to fatalities on the road, i’m sure the driver will be delt with properly.have faith in the system it does work. :cry:

Hey, if you need to rant, here’s the place to do it.

I’m sorry to that you have lost a friend, we all lose someone one way or another at some point and looking for someone to hold responsible sure makes things easier.

As a resident of Germany for the last 20 years I myself have been caught out by a momentary lapse in concentration and found myself on the wrong side of the road in the UK in my car, I don’t know the full facts of what really happened in detail, but I do know that if I had been a driver that had killed someone because of a genuine human error, my life would be pretty much shattered too by that accident.

My condolences to your friend’s family, but don’t let yourself be eaten up with rage at the other guy or the law, as that will help no one. If the accident is down to genuine human error you can guarantee that there is more than one family suffering because of it.

First of all, my condolences go to you and the family and friends of your mate. It is tragic, especially as he came round before he died.
Anyway, although I’m no expert, I expect the chap will be charged with dangerous driving, and the following might be a rough guide on his sentence…

criminal-solicitors.com/dangerousdriving.htm

Yet again we hear of another victim on the site!! My condolenses to all concerned. Im not even going to go down the road of punishment because if it was genuine error the guy who was driving will more than likely serve a personal life sentence.

regards

Kev