Trafford Park - where's the truck stop and how much is it?

Well, this is it guys; I passed the week’s induction course and tomorrow sees day 1 of week 1 doing the job for real!

I’ll be starting in Brigg, then going to Melton Mowbray to deliver a unit and collect a different one, then to stoke to do the same, then overnight (I think) in Trafford Park as I have to deliver that one by 8am on tuesday morning to ERF Manchester on Trafford Park Rd

I haven’t done a night out before so dont know where the truck stops are! I understand that there is one on Trafford Park, but can anyone tell me where to find it, and if poss. how much it’ll cost me to overnight?

Thanks In Advance

Simon

dont bother park up by freightliner good butty van in the morning

Simon,
Just an idea - why not phone ahead to ERF Manchester on Monday afternoon to ask permission to park in their compound overnight.Be sure to get the name of the manager who (hopefully )gives permission though, to quote to the night shift foreman as you may arrive after 6 or whenever.It shouldn’t cost anything for your overnight stay then!
(I’m assuming that they will be open overnight -24 hour servicing,etc. -you’ll have to find yourself a nice quiet spot at the back of their compound though :slight_smile: )
If they refuse, ask them exactly where the local lorrypark is,they’re bound to know,I think it’s in Trafford Wharf Road, I’m not 100% positive, though.

Good Luck with the new job. :sunglasses:

good ideas :slight_smile: butty vans… mmmmmmm

Well, training week went really well; obviously we had a minibus follow us round rather than hitching as there were 6 of us, but in that week I drove a ERF tractor unit, a 10tonne tipper and a 18 tonne curtain side rigid so already my experience of different vehicles is growing.

So far they (the firm) seem well organised and all that, apparantly 1 in 4 trainees stick it as they say u either love it or hate it. I’m hoping that I’ll love it; I do feel a bit nervous about this week as I haven’t even done a night out b4 so to from that to tramping (of sorts) is a bit of a jump. Interestingly, busses/coaches are drivable with a class 2 licence on trade plates so might even get to drive a double decker! :smiley:

Thanks

Si

its a dump trust me get out side freightliner there a little bit of noise nothing to bad though and its free

and where is freightline? trust me i sleep like a log, so a bit of noise wont matter :slight_smile:

The truck stop is no more as a truck stop. Its a tank wash with a few parking spaces and a butty van across the road

The ERF dealer do work 24hrs and if you have a delivery or collection note or sonething Im sure they will let you stay on site and sleep in their truck.

The alternative is parking around the village. The owner of the truckstop cafe has a pub there now.

The best thing you could buy is an A - Z of manchester, you will use it a lot