Trafford park truckstop

can anyone remember a bad night out there

for a young country boy it came as a real eye opener lol. My first time there I was 2 up in a Bedford floor/seats lol…god rest his soul my best mate andy fought wae the strippers minder,screwed a grab a gran .lost his bloody false teeth puking up in the park…poking puddles o puke IS NOT the best way to start a day! but none the less we found them(in his kin pocket!!!)…after the big breakfast we drove about 5minutes and the brakes came on and andy bailed out …an auld wifie knocked on my window and told my mate was dying so round the back I went and their was andy on his knees one hand on the demount and praying for god to take him covered in puke :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: followed by me puking over his back…back to TPT for a clean up and a phonecall to say we have broken down .TPT I salute you I made some good memories and mates drinking/eating in there over the years. jimmy

Spent the night there after a long day loading frozen peas in Liverpool docks. I was a trailer mate at Fridged Freight on holiday relief from school. The driver was George Betts (RIP) and an Artic driven by Mike Narborough. We ended up in the Long Bar (Queens?) and if my old man had found out what happened (he was TM) He would have sacked the two of them and thrown me out of the house. I was 16 yo at the time we parked, and 21 the next morning. Best £2 I ever spent. Jim.
P.S. Never went back that way again. BooHoo.

you no very night was a great night. i never went to bed with a rough bird but oh dear some of them i woke up beside

There was an old drivers tale about a foreign driver that parked along the back fence & was blown into the Manchester ship canal :open_mouth:
Dunno how true this is :confused:

That place could turn a Saint bad…

Was there one there called Chris Annes hotel, 79ish, or did I dream it :smiley:

robroy:
Was there one there called Chris Annes hotel, 79ish, or did I dream it :smiley:

Hi “robroy” You are correct & not dreaming, They used to serve Lancashire Hot Pot in a large stone basin, & I mean hot, It took ages to devour, Regards Larry.

Oh yes Chris Anne’s … only the once, never again.

gunnerheskey:
There was an old drivers tale about a foreign driver that parked along the back fence & was blown into the Manchester ship canal :open_mouth:

True, it was a Turk [RIP] …

Remember a ship coming in for scrapping next door and when pulling onto the jetty smacking half a dozen trailers hanging out over the water. You later see six over refreshed drivers trying to get insurance details from the skipper.

For some time H.M.S. BRONINGTON the ex minesweeper that H.R.H.PRINCE CHARLES was a officer on, was berthed/LAID UP, at the back of the truck stop, i remember seeing her there .then she was moved off the Birkenhead ,then sunk, but Trafford park YES.

Stanley Mitchell:

gunnerheskey:

True, it was a Turk [RIP] …

:open_mouth: Wow, RIP Driver .

Wasn’t there a foreign driver who reversed into the canal one night?

Ray

I seem to remember an artic’ reversing over the edge and into the canal. Also remember a more lucky incident where the rear bogie of a 40 footer was left dangling over the edge.

The Truckstop was a great place to go. Me and my mates used to go quite regularly and we were on first name terms with some of the ‘dancers’ and the other ladies that would frequent the place. J.W.Lees beer on draught, always a decent movie before the strippers. We used to sit at the front the first few times we went. Soon learned why you shouldn’t do that after getting covered in baby oil or talk. Some of the girls had an interesting way of putting a head on your pint though! Does anyone remember the name of the DJ? Always started his set with ‘Stars on 45’ and ended with ‘Rock and Roll’ by Status Quo. Happy days.

i stopped driving hgvs mid 90s .can anyone tell me is it still there