Traffic light Cameras

I was driving along towards a set of traffic lights when the lights changed. Ok i admit i should of slowed down more then i had but you all know the score. I was in 2 minds knowing if i stopped i would have to break quite hard & if i kept going i would be going through on red. I decided to stop but stopped accross the line by about 3 foot!! Would these cameras take a pic even if you stop slightly accross the line?

tyler4164:
I was driving along towards a set of traffic lights when the lights changed. Ok i admit i should of slowed down more then i had but you all know the score. I was in 2 minds knowing if i stopped i would have to break quite hard & if i kept going i would be going through on red. I decided to stop but stopped accross the line by about 3 foot!! Would these cameras take a pic even if you stop slightly accross the line?

It would depend on where the camera was as to whether it got your registration or not but the fact that you stopped albeit a little late you should have agood defence as obviously you were FULLY FREIGHTED and stopped as quickly and safely as you could. :wink: :wink:

tyler4164:

It depends if it was the front or rear of the truck that passed the line. If you get a ticket you will need to decide if the price of a lawyer is worth the fine/points and a days loss of earnings. If you go to court without a solicitor, you save money and should claim you checked your mirrors, when you looked back to the road in front the lights had changed to amber and you hit the breaks but couldn’t stop too quick in case the vehicle behind crashed into the back of you. As a result you couldn’t stop soon enough to make the line but you did stop. They will more than likely give you the benefit of the doubt but you’d be pushing your luck to ask for compensation on a days loss of earnings and stress of a possible conviction.

did the camera flash that is the easiest way of telling if you got caught

berewic:
It depends if it was the front or rear of the truck that passed the line. If you get a ticket you will need to decide if the price of a lawyer is worth the fine/points and a days loss of earnings. If you go to court without a solicitor, you save money and should claim you checked your mirrors, when you looked back to the road in front the lights had changed to amber and you hit the breaks but couldn’t stop too quick in case the vehicle behind crashed into the back of you. As a result you couldn’t stop soon enough to make the line but you did stop. They will more than likely give you the benefit of the doubt but you’d be pushing your luck to ask for compensation on a days loss of earnings and stress of a possible conviction.

It was the cab that was just over the line

bubsy06:
did the camera flash that is the easiest way of telling if you got caught

When i looked in the mirror i didnt notice if it flashed or not

If it was just the cab over the line my guess is you would be o.k, I don’t “think” it would flash and im pretty sure they take a piccy of the back end crossing the line so they probably would not have got your reg if it did go off.

Hope that makes sense :confused:

danny_mk2:
If it was just the cab over the line my guess is you would be o.k, I don’t “think” it would flash and im pretty sure they take a piccy of the back end crossing the line so they probably would not have got your reg if it did go off.

I thought that was why tractor units have started putting number plates on the nearside as previously they were on the offside.

I think most of them take a photo based on the amount of vehicle in the frame.

If you look at some of them that are around, they have like a 3x3 or 4x4 grid in front of the lens. If most of the grid has a vehicle occupying it, then it takes a picture.

I could be wrong, but as has been said, I reckon you need to be seriously over the line to set them off.

berewic:

danny_mk2:

I thought that was why tractor units have started putting number plates on the nearside as previously they were on the offside.

Never thought of that you could be right i actually was wondering why some have them both sides

Don’t worry…when those cameras flash you know about it!!!..Unless you have your head firmly looking right…the flash will have bounced off your wing mirror like a bright spark…and hit the corner of your eye at least…

The best part is being you get two chances to see it :smiley: :smiley:

There is sometimes a small tell tale light as the camera rearms itself, it seems a long time , possibly 1 second after the traffic light has gone red, That is if you stop at the light of course :laughing: