traffic light cameras

i was in Sheffield this morning,looking for the left hand turn towards my delivery point,when i went through a TL as it changed to amber.pretty sure that by the time i’d got my trailer past, the lights would have changed to red.if i’d triggered the camera at that junction,would i automatically get done for it,or do the operators give a bit of leeway for long vehicles? :frowning:

If the unit was passed the line then your should proceed, as per the rules, so I can’t see an issue.

It really grinds my gears when a car stops beyond the line just because the lights changed. Part of me wants an artic or long bus to come round and need their part of the road…

hope you’re right dew!

You won’t get done if gone through on amber.

cheers boris :slight_smile:

carryfast-yeti:
hope you’re right dew!

I can’t see it any other way. If you do get a note through the door, fire it back saying the front was over the line so you had no choice to proceed (Could be worth looking it up in the highway code and quoting the section).

Most lights give a delay on red before anything else moves to allow this to happen. Unlike the ones in Carnforth that give you all but 0.0048 of a second before traffics coming at you from the sides

Don’t let it spoil your evening mate :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

tango boy:

thanks tango boy…been bugging me all day,nothing i can do about it now though!

carryfast-yeti:

tango boy:

thanks tango boy…been bugging me all day,nothing i can do about it now though!

Whats done’s done, i think you’ll be ok mate :wink:

You’ll be fine bud.

I think you will be fine enjoy your night don’t let it worry you.

Boris1971:
You won’t get done if gone through on amber.

Oh dear Boris are you another who does not know what amber means! I can assure you you can get done as you put it for going through an amber light.