Traffic Commissioner

Evening all, I’ve just received a FPN 3 points + £100 fine for a speeding offence. I’m a Ad-Hoc driver, do I now need to report this to Traffic Commissioner? It’s my first offence in 24 years of driving.

I didn’t, just over 5 years ago got caught speeding in the lorry, paid the fine, had the points and never mentioned it to anyone other than car insurance, points are gone now and never heard any more about it.

I could be wrong but I thought it was only brought to the traffic commissioners attention if you’ve been done twice for speeding if it’s a fixed penalty,I believe that includes car though too,I read something a while ago a guy got done twice doing over 50 in a 40 zone and got license suspended for a couple of week after explaining himself,both times it was in truck too,your company would know better.

If you’re the o,licence holder, you must notify it, if you livence holder is required to notify.

S12SKW:
Evening all, I’ve just received a FPN 3 points + £100 fine for a speeding offence. I’m a Ad-Hoc driver, do I now need to report this to Traffic Commissioner? It’s my first offence in 24 years of driving.

That’s lucky. Good result for 54. [emoji106]

There’s no reason to report yourself, but if you’re an ad hoc driver with just one company, you need to tell your TM, they need to inform the TC, but a single offence in a quarter of a century will, I’m confident, be taken in the appropriate context.

If by ad hoc you mean you’re agency, they’ll do licence checks about every six months so may as well just let them know, but it’s unlikely to be a big deal, unless they’re got a specific “difficult client”.

EDIT: no offer of a speed awareness course? Was it outside the boundaries of speeding for them to consider it? Or did it happen in Scotland?

I got caught in an HGV in 2020; had already used my “get out of jail card” in the form of a speed awareness course when I got pinged in the car a few months earlier. For the benefit of Trucknet CSI, both were 34 in a 30 and no squirrels were maimed.

Possibly because the second offence occurred in an HGV, and possibly to cover their own backsides, my then employer reported the incident to the TC. Not being a CPC holder myself I don’t know if this is mandatory. Heard nothing further until about September this year, when to my surprise I received a letter from the TC warning me that I’d better keep my nose clean in future.

It would seem that the wheels of justice grind slowly.

Sidevalve:
Heard nothing further until about September this year,

The TC reached out to you on Thursday/Friday or did you get it in the mail on Yesterday?

Sidevalve:
my then employer reported the incident to the TC. Not being a CPC holder myself I don’t know if this is mandatory.

Yeah, it is. Failure on their part to report it is a big deal. At least you didn’t get summoned to the Traffic Area Office for a driver conduct hearing, so that’s a result.

S12SKW:

After 24 years clean licence I would have thought a speed awareness course would have been offered.