Traffic commisioner being a swine!

I am currently applying for a new operators licence, as i am going limited, every aspect of the application has be fine, except now the TC is concerned that i cannot fulfull all three of my duties as a director, TM, and driver, he has asked for a detailed breakdown of a working week, and assurances that i understand the WTD, and drivers hours and rest periods, etc, has anyone else encountered this sort of request, it seems like some sort of question in a cpc exam!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

jimmy2loads:
I am currently applying for a new operators licence, as i am going limited, every aspect of the application has be fine, except now the TC is concerned that i cannot fulfull all three of my duties as a director, TM, and driver, he has asked for a detailed breakdown of a working week, and assurances that i understand the WTD, and drivers hours and rest periods, etc, has anyone else encountered this sort of request, it seems like some sort of question in a cpc exam!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

I imagine he/she is concerned about the time you have available in a working week.

A professionally competent person must
be nominated on a standard licence. This
person can be you or a transport manager
that you employ (the person does not have
to be part of your full-time staff but must be
able to demonstrate continuous and effective
responsibility for the management of the
transport operations).

So by being director, driver and TM, can you fit all this in as well as a weekly rest period? You may need to employ a TM or a spare driver for weekends.

I am all three and the TC here (North Eastern Area) didn’t seem to have a problem with it this time last year when I applied.

Paul

did nt i read somewhere financial requirements are changing again in october.

repton:
I am all three and the TC here (North Eastern Area) didn’t seem to have a problem with it this time last year when I applied.

Paul

You may have got a nice TC (suckholes)

sammy dog:
did nt i read somewhere financial requirements are changing again in october.

There is a consultation document available but it seems 1071/2009 is already statute and comes into force on 4th December 2011

Article 7
Conditions relating to the requirement of financial standing
In order to satisfy the requirement laid down in Article 3(1)(c), an undertaking shall at all times be able to meet its financial obligations in the course of the annual accounting year.To this end, the undertaking shall demonstrate, on the basis of annual accounts certified by an auditor or a duly accredited person, that, every year, it has at its disposal capital and reserves totalling at least EUR 9 000 when only one vehicle is used and EUR 5 000 for each additional vehicle used.
For the purposes of this Regulation, the value of the euro in the currencies of Member States which do not participate in the third stage of the economic and monetary union shall be fixed every year. The rates to be applied shall be those obtained on the first working day of October and published in the Official Journal of the European Union. They shall have effect from 1 January of the following calendar year.

The problem is because some of these civil servants are INCAPABLE of doing ONE job ,
so they become jealous of someone else who is both capable AND willing to manage to do more than TWO jobs !

GOOD LUCK .

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

I am currently on a license application as the transport manager.I am already TM for two other operators.I have had to state how many hours per week for each operator,which days I will be working at each place,what duties I will be carrying out etc.They are certainly tightening up on all applications.

What do you have to do being a director of your own 1 man ltd band, er , nothing…

I have had to resign as director from my ltd company, and my wife is now the sole director!! :grimacing: :grimacing:
this, according to my VOSA case worker should satisfy the TC concerns, although, i told them that being a director adds no extra day to day duties, he must think that i am director of bloody microsoft!!

How on earth OD’s are expected to keep to the WTD is beyond me!!

jimmy2loads:

Better teach the wife how to work the grease gun/steam jenny/air wrench etc :grimacing:

jimmy2loads:
I have had to resign as director from my ltd company, and my wife is now the sole director!!

That’s what I’ll do if they start playing daft about it with me. In reality it’ll make no difference at all but if it keeps them happy…

Paul

mossdog:

jimmy2loads:

Better teach the wife how to work the grease gun/steam jenny/air wrench etc :grimacing:

Bloody hell, she wont even wash the car!! :grimacing:

cattle wagon man:
The problem is because some of these civil servants are INCAPABLE of doing ONE job ,
so they become jealous of someone else who is both capable AND willing to manage to do more than TWO jobs !

GOOD LUCK .

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

Pretty much spot on, I had a little chat with the infamous Beverley Bell once, she was horrified that I did a minimum of 80 hours a week, still did some driving, was on call 24/7, AND, was applying to be TM for my next door neighbour…when I explained to her that this was normal for any profitable haulier, and, that I could oversee my neighbours little 3 truck enterprise whilst having a ■■■■■, she came round to my way of thinking…she actually thought i was completely barking mad, looking back, I think she was right :open_mouth:

Civil Servants:
tell them what they wont to hear
get the rubber stamp
crack on

we’ll keep on paying tax so they can enjoy their :
flexi-time
job share
sick pay
holiday pay
final salary pension
any more anyoneâ– â– ?

God i’m bitter,or jealous :laughing: :laughing:

danman

danman:
Civil Servants:
get the rubber stamp
crack on

flexi-time
job share
sick pay
holiday pay
final salary pension
any more anyoneâ– â– ?

danman

You cannot really argue with that. Tell them what they want to hear!

Wheel Nut:

danman:
Civil Servants:
get the rubber stamp
crack on

flexi-time
job share
sick pay
holiday pay
final salary pension
any more anyoneâ– â– ?

danman

You cannot really argue with that. Tell them what they want to hear!

Apart from the TAX man, or, a judge, never go guilty :open_mouth:

Stanley Mitchell:
Apart from the TAX man, or, a judge, never go guilty :open_mouth:

Obviously :laughing: :laughing:

I have a part time transport manager ( a mate ) on my O licence and I have only one truck on my O licence.

My mate who’s my transport manager also has one truck like me.

How many hours would deem fit for him to work for me to satisfy the TC? We park at sane operating centre, we work together nearly every day and to he honest he’s pretty strict and does his job as my TM very well even thO he’s a mate.

Just out of curiosity, how many hours would be seen correct that he worked for me?

Finaly i have been granted my licence today, i would just like to thank VOSA for there prompt service, i really enjoyed my 2 1/2 week enforced break!! :cry: :cry: