Traffic Camera Question!

Can you get a ticket for passing traffic lights at amber ?

Was heading into Southend last night on A127 in the truck, fully loaded when I passed some lights which changed from green to Amber the moment I passed through them then the next thing I get is two camera flashes.

Now if I’ve done something wrong I’d admit my guilt and take the fine & points but I feel I hadn’t done anything wrong here !!! The trailer had a full load so I backed my speed off to about 25mph on approach to the green signal, but when they change from green to amber as you’re passing them what chance have you got ? :imp:

The cameras only become live on red and therefore cannot flash on amber, it sounds like your trailer wheels have passed the buried in the road pressure pads on red and triggered the camera.

Amber is on for 3 seconds, which isnt long for an artic to clear the junction.

If the unit axles went through at amber and the trailer axles went through at red, you should be ok, the sensors to trigger the camera are just after the stop line.
The 2 photos would be looked at, then should be disregarded if it shows the trailer axles set it off!
Beat me to it!

markoc:

As an aside, Yes!, one can get a ticket for passing lights on Amber, Amber means ‘Stop’…though there is a statutory defence if you are too close to stop in time. But if a policeman observes that you could easily have stopped in time on an amber signal, but didnt, he can prosecute for failing to observe a stop signal.

alphonsohall:

markoc:

As an aside, Yes!, one can get a ticket for passing lights on Amber, Amber means ‘Stop’…though there is a statutory defence if you are too close to stop in time. But if a policeman observes that you could easily have stopped in time on an amber signal, but didnt, he can prosecute for failing to observe a stop signal.

yes but the policeman dont like it if you contest it with video evidence that the lights changed just as you were at the line.

scotstrucker:

alphonsohall:

markoc:

yes but the policeman dont like it if you contest it with video evidence that the lights changed just as you were at the line.

My post already covers that point!.. though there is a statutory defence if you are too close to stop in time

I would say that it hinges on whether the unit wheels triggered the strips (guilty) or whether the trailer wheels triggered the strips (not guilty)

Just my pennies worth and all only in my opinion… :smiling_imp:

All other opinions welcome… :smiley:

ps… a dashcam is invaluable… I always use one.

Check out this link… forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=68332

Yes you can because as someone else said amber means stop.If a vehicle does not slow on approach and goes through at amber they may well get a ticket.Just depends on a few circumstances.Fully loaded or empty makes no difference.