Tradeteam Burton-on-Trent

Can either Jonboy or maybe Paul tell me are they strict on loading times?
I`m due in on monday morning and wondered if i could go in early?
Also are they strict on the cleanliness of the trailer? :wink:
Is it down the side of mcdonalds to the end and straight on?
Thanks. Jon

Depends where you are going mate … There is 2 Tradeteam depots and one coors depot …The coors depot being my homebase for pulling keg …
I will assume you want the canning depot which is the NDC on fourth avenue .
At the moment it’s pretty quiet . You can get in as early as you like , it all depends on if your load is picked or not .
Like I say they are pretty quiet at this time of year and if you are about 2-3 hours early there is a very good chance your load is picked , get on the bay whazz the curtains open and the nice double lift forklift will whack the pallets on .Into the office and if you are lucky the very ■■■■ polish girl Kate will give you a big smile , make you mess your pants and hand you your paperwork and off you go :laughing:
If you are going to stretton they normally pick and load to rule and basically populated by a bunch of ■■■■■■■ , don’t bother going in early , you will only be another object of fun to point at whilst they are on a ■■■ break , you will normally see our drivers in there going ■■■■ spare :laughing: :laughing:

If you come to the coors/tradeteam main depot , expect to wait for a bay about 15 minutes and be loaded in about 15 minutes , they want you in , loaded and gone , if it’s longer than that and nothing is happening the canning line is ■■■■■■ …

Be warned though some NDC shifts think they own tradeteam and stand talking and smoking …If this happens and you are there for a while go to the office and ask if there is a problem with the load . If they say no , ask if everyone is on break , if they say no then tell them all the loaders are talking and smoking …
The management structure at the NDC is pretty weak :wink:

When you are given a bay number to go on , if it has a truck on it still or a trailer go to the nearest bay and back on that ( big lack of communication of bays ) they will still load you , and the forkie will probabaly ask you to confirm the load etc , just so he/she knows they are loading the right stuff …

If they moan tell them to ■■■■ off , a tradeteam night trunker said you could do that and that they should get their act together … :laughing: :laughing:

Also if you get in and they are tippy tapping on there load screen on the forklifts and you come up to be loaded , if tradeteam trucks come in and they need to be loaded to meet timed deliveries you will be last priority , so just be patient …
Coors gets “fined” for not getting loads to RDC’S etc on time as Coors fines or pulls loads out of RDC’s for not tipping in the 2 hour rule …

Example being just before christmas at Asda didcot …Booked in for 00:01 , parked around the corner , queing at 2345 …Phoned coors told them the score , they phoned Asda etc …Got in at 01:50 , upto the desk and on coors request …You have 10 minutes to tip me or i,m gone :laughing: :laughing: Bumped me about 8 trucks and tipped me …2 years ago Coors pulled all of the trucks from Asda depots at xmas time because they were holding them too long :laughing: :laughing:
Walmart might have some clout but Coors are bigger , it was willy waving time :laughing:

That will confuse them JB, trying to load a walking floor through the side :smiley:

I see the can operation hasn’t changed much then; I used to work on that job about 12 years ago when it was down at Hilton.

Takes me back a bit; tatty old sheds (and that was just the Tradeteam lorries!) 12 hour shifts working outside all weathers, on clapped-out double-handler FLT’s with hardly any lights and even less brakes!

Happy days! :laughing:

JB:
Is it down the side of mcdonalds to the end and straight on?
Thanks. Jon

thats the slow moving goods (SMG) warehouse
same side as the Perrelli tyre place

gnasty gnome:
I see the can operation hasn’t changed much then; I used to work on that job about 12 years ago when it was down at Hilton.

Takes me back a bit; tatty old sheds (and that was just the Tradeteam lorries!)

All brand new lorrys now :laughing: still got 12-15 year old trailers :laughing:
NDC can be good depending on the shift , I tend to jee them up to load me , I feel sorry for any contractors etc …I don’t feel sorry for any asda or bookers drivers that are made to wait :laughing:
Stretton has it’s up and downs , I tend to stay away from the place and opt for long trunks rather than bit bobbing about and leaving myslef at risk to enter Stretton .
I don’t mind going there now and again , one of the polish girls wants me to take her out and it’s worth a chat and a wave and an ogle at her arse :laughing:

stretton’s not that bad paul

arse licking for a quick tip next time im in there :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

jon

Joking arent you I ■■■■■■■ hate the place with a passion , it ranks on par with strood and tinsley , I refuse to go to either of them …I don’t get much choice with stretton :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for all the info paul. As malc says its a walking floor so will they load me off a bay?

At the ndc you can either be loaded , from the side or on a loading dock, the loading dock will be your best choice , tell security when you book in you need the loading dock .
At stretton and at the main brewery there is no choice but to load from the side , or in your case load from the rear …, no docks to back onto.
They are going to moan like ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

paul@midway:
Depends where you are going mate … There is 2 Tradeteam depots and one coors depot …The coors depot being my homebase for pulling keg …
I will assume you want the canning depot which is the NDC on fourth avenue .
At the moment it’s pretty quiet . You can get in as early as you like , it all depends on if your load is picked or not .
Like I say they are pretty quiet at this time of year and if you are about 2-3 hours early there is a very good chance your load is picked , get on the bay whazz the curtains open and the nice double lift forklift will whack the pallets on .Into the office and if you are lucky the very ■■■■ polish girl Kate will give you a big smile , make you mess your pants and hand you your paperwork and off you go :laughing:
If you are going to stretton they normally pick and load to rule and basically populated by a bunch of [zb] , don’t bother going in early , you will only be another object of fun to point at whilst they are on a ■■■ break , you will normally see our drivers in there going [zb] spare :laughing: :laughing:

If you come to the coors/tradeteam main depot , expect to wait for a bay about 15 minutes and be loaded in about 15 minutes , they want you in , loaded and gone , if it’s longer than that and nothing is happening the canning line is [zb] …

You were right paul that Kate`s a right looker :sunglasses: :smiley:
I found the gatehouse very helpful and i was loaded within an hour (although the office did have a bit of a grumble(a friendly one though) and told me not to bring a “box” trl in again :open_mouth:
They had to drag all the stock from the other side of the warehouse.