Tradeplate work , any help or advice pls

hi all , have been pointed in the direction of tradeplate work , its full time , but a self employed position , is it really that bad ? , any help or advice will be greatly appreciated ,
cheers pdw :slight_smile:

pdw:
hi all , have been pointed in the direction of tradeplate work , its full time , but a self employed position , is it really that bad ? , any help or advice will be greatly appreciated ,

Hope you like hitch-hiking A LOT :exclamation: :exclamation:

cheers rog , not so worried about hitching or even getting my money back at a later date for trains and taxis , its fuel cost and if the companys (this one seems to be a main player) supply fuel cards ?

pdw:
cheers rog , not so worried about hitching or even getting my money back at a later date for trains and taxis , its fuel cost and if the companys (this one seems to be a main player) supply fuel cards ?

Make sure there is continuity of work as being self-employed will affect your benefits if you have no work for a while.
Keep your records and receipts in order as the tax-man can be a pain.
It’s over 30 years since I did any trade plate work, as I recall most vehicles had enough fuel to get me from A to B. On the odd occasion when I did have to top-up on the road, if I didn’t have the company fuel card we always had a £50 float for emergencies. I know fifty quid wouldn’t go far to-day, but in the late 70’s it was ample. :wink:

Hi, If the company is as you say,“A main player” then you shouldnt have a problem, I was a plater for some time and only stopped due to ill health. Y ou will have good and bad days, as in most jobs. I thoroughly enjoyed it

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Bikertrash :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

Thanks Rog, my first post. Just finding my way round this site

crap job, did it for 5 weeks and being told it was good dosh (600 to 800) :imp: :imp: a week, the best i had was ÂŁ541 for 5 days and some late nights.
they took on a load of new staff wit not alot of work, its still low on work :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

call me dumb but
whats tradeplate work :open_mouth:
:laughing:

Joshh:
call me dumb but

Its standing in an auctionroom selling numberplates,

and next we have A123 ABC, bidding starting at ÂŁ2.50 etc :slight_smile:

Josh “Trade Plate” work is the movement of new & used untaxed vehicles by road on temporary red & white number plates.

Pdw: this topic has been discussed several times before. I have previously put up quite a long post on the subject. Perhaps a search for “Uniloads” would pull something up?

Not usually so much hitching involved these days since the advent of mobile phones.

Edit: just tried a search. It would seem the search function is still not yet seeing the old forum, when can we expect a fix on this problem?

Driveroneuk:
Pdw: this topic has been discussed several times before. I have previously put up quite a long post on the subject. Perhaps a search for “Uniloads” would pull something up?

you’ll be lucky :exclamation: - the site search facility is not working properly yet :cry: :cry:

ROG:

Driveroneuk:

you’ll be lucky :exclamation: - the site search facility is not working properly yet :cry: :cry:

there are other ways of searching :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=14738&view=previous

viewtopic.php?t=16042&highlight=

viewtopic.php?p=24506

viewtopic.php?p=339280&highlight=

Not sure how you did that Denis… is it a secret?

But still no sign of my several posts on this topic.

Lycanthrope:

Joshh:
call me dumb but

Yeah that’s right!
ignore all the other posts, they’ve got it wrong :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Driveroneuk:
Not sure how you did that Denis… is it a secret?

But still no sign of my several posts on this topic.

Googlebar add on for Firefox (also available as Google toolbar for Internet Exploder)

Sorry just picked the first 4 that came up :wink:

migs69:

Lycanthrope:

Joshh:
call me dumb but

Yeah that’s right!
ignore all the other posts, they’ve got it wrong :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I started off on dinner plates and worked my way up to numberplates. :wink:
Joshh, you’re dumb. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DieselDemon:
I started off on dinner plates and worked my way up to numberplates. :wink:
Joshh, you’re dumb. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dinner plates, why didn’t I think of that :smiley:

thanks everyone , lets hope i’m not on here in a month or so slaging it off ! , cheers pdw :slight_smile:

I remember the Uniloads post now that was a horror story.