Trade plating and hitch hiking

hi all, could someone help been looking at a job delivering vehicles over uk and europe on trade plates as anyone have any points to offer me any info in this job

uniloads.co.uk/

moreand more company’s are stating that you can’t carry passengers,only own employees ,so its now harder to get the lifts,also helps if you look clean & tidy,and pick major junctions or MSA’s for area’s to wait.

did the job many years ago, but its got harder,also this is the best time to try it,with light nights and warmer days,avoid the winter if you can,it can take a hr to get lift,sometimes longer and if its ■■■■■■■ down,your soaked for the day,and it can be a long day.

if you do it , best of luck,

mark

Used to pick `em up. But years ago picked up one that worked for Fords of Dagenham. Went out of my way to drop him outside the factory. I was driving on foreign plates. Just before he got out more or less accused me of being a scab driving for a non union firm. Never picked another one up. And another thing ;When was the last time you were picked up in a car thats running on trade plates…?

Think you’ll find you’re not allowed to carry passengers if you’ve got trade plates on.
regards derek

hitch:
http://www.uniloads.co.uk/

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … t=uniloads

read up on this first.

mark croft:
,also helps if you look clean & tidy

the amount of drivers … well i use that term very loosly more like tramps standing waiting with their trade plates. i would have thought it would help your cause no end if you used a bit of soap now and again.

That goes for me if they are carrying trade plates. Couple of years ago got myself a new top of the range Globe XL , Just leaving town & saw an old friend of mine on the grass verge with plates ( I was going to say plating! ) Picked him up took him out of my way to his pick-up point, when he got out he`d left the biggest trail of mud all over the truck & I was just starting a ten day tour. He used be a farmer,Bless him.