Tractor unit hire

Looking to hire a tractor unit and bulk tipper trailer over our harvest period, so start beginning of August for 6 weeks. Anybody point me in the right direction for a hire company, or give me a ball park price per week

Thanks
James

You may have left it too late to get anything decent now mate. I tried same time last year with all the usuals (Roehire, Newtons, Paynes etc) and they had all been booked up for months in advance for harvest. What area are you in??

Matt.

Thanks for the reply, I’m near Middlesbrough what sort of money should I be looking at for short term hire??

James

1st call in Gloucester might be able to help with tractor unit.

jetemp:
Thanks for the reply, I’m near Middlesbrough what sort of money should I be looking at for short term hire??

James

Most hire companies I’ve seen quote anywhere between £180 and £225 per week so I would think you’ll be looking at over £200 per week for short term hire. As I said before though you’re really going to struggle to find one now.

Matt.

Have you tried Rothdean Ltd ,they manufacture and rent tipping trailers,they are in the Forest of Dean.

xfmatt:

jetemp:

James

Most hire companies I’ve seen quote anywhere between £180 and £225 per week so I would think you’ll be looking at over £200 per week for short term hire. As I said before though you’re really going to struggle to find one now.

Matt.

£200 a week for a tractor unit on short term hire, please tell me where!!

matamoros:

xfmatt:

jetemp:

James

Matt.

£200 a week for a tractor unit on short term hire, please tell me where!!

Sorry mate I was talking about the bulk trailer! Unit hire is about £80 per day/£400 a week round me. Seems a rather expensive outlay upwards of £600 pw for the vehicle then say £600 wages and £1000 on diesel won’t leave a massive amount of profit.

Matt.

jetemp:
Looking to hire a tractor unit and bulk tipper trailer over our harvest period, so start beginning of August for 6 weeks. Anybody point me in the right direction for a hire company, or give me a ball park price per week

Thanks
James

For the trailer, try Newton Trailers - newtontrailers.com/trailer_ … ing/bulker
They are just by J13 of the M1 (Bedford/MK turn) - they seem to have a good few trailers in their yard (You can see it from the M1, just by the Marston Gate distribution park)

Hope that helps…
Kevin

Thanks for the info gents, as suggested I’ve struggled to find anything available, however I have found another hauler that will work with us to help fulfill our requirements

Thanks
James

I would have a trailer spare for hire

Thanks for the reply nick, we have committed to using another local guy who reckons that they can come and help us on our terms, hope it works we will see in a couple of weeks time

James