traction work

i,m a o/operator based in southern ireland .could someone tell me is there traction work in the uk and if yes what would be the recommended companys.

Ive noticed a few S. Irish reg trucks pulling for Maritime mostly doing Tautliner work?

Maritime pay £1.15 a mile less trailer hire so I wouldn’t recommend them.

Harry Monk:
Maritime pay £1.15 a mile less trailer hire so I wouldn’t recommend them.

That’s disgracefull, no chance of profit unless you go out & steal your fuel!! you couldn’t make anything running on red with those rates especially with gas oil costing 70ppl + VAT.

Try IWT, not certain of their mileage rates but I did a bit for them in 05/06 & found then a decent bunch.

Ross.

Usual suspects cobelfret cross chanell groupage delassi Nolfork line etc all pretty much the same.

?does any of these supply fuel with the work.

Some offer a fuel card after a month or so.

You could try Virginia.

Great just what we need.
More trucks from outside the uk, running on cheaper diesel ect. :grimacing:

ROADRANGER:
Great just what we need.

i agree without the smiley, why dont you stay in your own country and leave the work here to british drivers.

ROADRANGER:
Great just what we need.

Don’t know where you get the cheaper thing from as I paid €1.59 at the pump today and that was one the cheapest I found :open_mouth:

its a pity stobart did,nt stay in his own country. :blush: i am just a one man one truck operator with no work to be found here have been hauling for construction up to now ,which to that end work has ceased.

mikwheel:
its a pity stobart did,nt stay in his own country. :blush: i am just a one man one truck operator with no work to be found here have been hauling for construction up to now ,which to that end work has ceased.

Ok, I take your point mate,but,we have a big problem with for example,eastern European trucks pulling ferry trailers over here.
Their costs are a lot lower than ours,and the work situation being what it is we could do without loads of Irish trucks doing the same thing.
I did read once that you have 11 week inspections,is that correct?
I understand that you are an owner driver,as I am so in your situation I would do the same to be honest,but,we are where we are. :unamused:

jessicas dad:

ROADRANGER:
Great just what we need.

i agree without the smiley, why dont you stay in your own country and leave the work here to british drivers.

yes,why dont we just make a law that hauliers can only work in their own country. :unamused: first one out the door could be stobarts, and make sure he doesnt fill up on cheap diesel on his way out…

glenman:

jessicas dad:

ROADRANGER:
Great just what we need.

yes,why dont we just make a law that hauliers can only work in their own country. :unamused: first one out the door could be stobarts, and make sure he doesnt fill up on cheap diesel on his way out…

Couldn’t agree more. :wink:

glenman:

jessicas dad:

ROADRANGER:
Great just what we need.

i don,t know there is any cheap diesel to be got but that law would not work.

ROADRANGER:

mikwheel:

Ok, I take your point mate,but,we have a big problem with for example,eastern European trucks pulling ferry trailers over here.
Their costs are a lot lower than ours,and the work situation being what it is we could do without loads of Irish trucks doing the same thing.
I understand that you are an owner driver,as I am so in your situation I would do the same to be honest,but,we are where we are. :unamused:

we have daily inspections, look i worked in the uk as a driver before doing traction work from liverpool to immingham.it would be the last throw of the dice for me to go and do traction over there.

mikwheel:

ROADRANGER:

mikwheel:

we have daily inspections, look i worked in the uk as a driver before doing traction work from liverpool to immingham.it would be the last throw of the dice for me to go and do traction over there.

Er, the inpections I was referring to are the six week inspections that I have to pay the local Volvo dealer £175.00 per month.
Not the daily walk round check I do before starting.

ROADRANGER:

mikwheel:

It seems that some would prefer to see it go on a British or French freight train than an Irish truck. :imp: :unamused:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82179&start=90