Traction rates immingham?

could anyone give me any info on these ? work on ferry trailers only ,used to sub for a fordwarder 15 years ago lost touch with it at immingham ,cheers davie

£1.15-£1.40 per mile.

as much as you put on the invoice.

Beginning of the year cobelfret was £1.34 a mile.

thanks very much for info food for thought !did dfds and fran manns become dsv? if memory serves me right p&o were worst rates

limeyphil:

Dream on !!!

and when you wake up the real world that the rest of us live in will still be there.

matamoros:

limeyphil:

Dream on !!!

and when you wake up the real world that the rest of us live in will still be there.

i am very much in the real world.
last time i was in business the customer would ring me and ask for a price. :unamused:

Traction and container firms ain’t ringing you though.

limeyphil:

matamoros:

limeyphil:

Dream on !!!

i am very much in the real world.
last time i was in business the customer would ring me and ask for a price. :unamused:

What were you a plasterer of bull ■■■■.

Dfds are paying 79p per k plus fuel escalator

79pence per k, might as well sit at home and go bust,as punch a truck around the country

truckerone:

That works out at 127p/mile plus escalator. Doesn’t mean anything though unless you know what the escalator is and how many miles you’ll be doing in an average week.

Paul

The only random invoice I ever put in was for demurrage and even that had to be agreed at the time of delay, as for the haulage invoices the bane of my life was chasing rate confirmations so I could invoice against them.

Occasionally a one off rush job came up and it is those that you can set your own price, however by waiting for those coming in to earn a living, it would be a quiet telephone.

Traction only and ferry trailers, you have no worries about the trailer costs, but you also have no say in where you are going, what time the ferry leaves, or arrives or which way the trailer is loaded.

8 % escalator and as many ks as you can do im averaging anywhere between 2900 and 3700 weekly

repton:

truckerone:

That works out at 127p/mile plus escalator. Doesn’t mean anything though unless you know what the escalator is and how many miles you’ll be doing in an average week.

Paul

truckerone:
8 % escalator and as many ks as you can do im averaging anywhere between 2900 and 3700 weekly

repton:

truckerone:

Paul

So earnings then between about 2500 and 3100/week then, and at 8mpg average fuel costs of between 1150 and 1500/week. Leaves between 1350 and 1600 per week after fuel.

That sounds like one of the better deals to me, even at the lower of those two figures you should be able to make a living on traction work.

Paul

had my truck chipped so returning between 9.2 and 9.7 at moment

repton:

truckerone:

repton:

truckerone:

Paul

So earnings then between about 2500 and 3100/week then, and at 8mpg average fuel costs of between 1150 and 1500/week. Leaves between 1350 and 1600 per week after fuel.

That sounds like one of the better deals to me, even at the lower of those two figures you should be able to make a living on traction work.

Paul

sorry wrong info.

dfds used to make you take out there GIT, as well as your own cmr, £9.oo for every £100 earned ,when i did it before you had your own fuel card ,and your tackle for the trailer ,think i will be going back to it ,

what wrong info

matamoros:
sorry wrong info.

truckerone:
what wrong info

matamoros:
sorry wrong info.

I thought someone had got km’s and miles mixed up but realised fairly quickly that it was me that was confused ( not an uncommon occurence!! ). Tried to delete post but could only edit.