Tracking your hours

Hi,

Just wondering what you use to track your daily/weekly hours etc. Am in the market for a decent timer so any advice given would be great.

Cheers

John

If you have an android go and get trucker timer, or at least that is what I think it is called but just type in trucker and it will find it

I use a digi-tacho and

a diary! :astonished:

Dafman:
If you have an android go and get trucker timer, or at least that is what I think it is called but just type in trucker and it will find it

+1

Great bit of kit if your on analogues :sunglasses:

And it is called Trucker Timer Dafman

Will_161:

Dafman:

+1

Great bit of kit if your on analogues :sunglasses:

And it is called Trucker Timer Dafman

its pretty good on digi as well, mines never been more than 8 mins out, but had to reset all the default settings to get it right, and use mine on gps settings all the time, so unless I am on break it does its own thing, really just use it as a guide now so I don’t have to do print outs all the time. and it keeps a good eye on wtd as well :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Just a quickie Wildfire, why would you feel the need to do printouts all the time to find out your driving times? Any information that you’d get from a printout can be got straight from the tacho display by merely scrolling through the menu. You probably know this but it seems a lot of folk don’t.

I have a diary I write out every morning that looks something like this:

20/7/1988 EA61KYK Total km - 100

Start mileage - 100,000 Guildford >
End mileage - 100,100 Sheffield
Start time - 05:00 Total drive - 8:47
Finish time - 19:00 Total shift - 14:00

And every week I had all the totals up in the same sort of fashion.
Basically my own personal log book.

so basically , you drive a time machine :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Don’t you stil have ‘Tachtracks’ anymore ? I used one from 1988 to 1999, then I came here, it was infallible.

what’s an app? i use an abacus. :laughing:

limeyphil:
what’s an app? i use an abacus. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I bought the Tachodisc drivers hour guard timer. Absolutely brilliant. Had it 3 years now and only had to replace the battery. Keeps track of WTD , weekly drive, fortnightly drive , POA etc. Not sure who makes it now as I believe it changed but I know a couple of lads who got them from Lymm Truck stop.

the maoster:
Just a quickie Wildfire, why would you feel the need to do printouts all the time to find out your driving times? Any information that you’d get from a printout can be got straight from the tacho display by merely scrolling through the menu. You probably know this but it seems a lot of folk don’t.

mine doesn’t once you take a 45 break it clears the drive time which I know is correct but I haven’t found on mine the running total, our newer scania’s do but my stralis doesn’t unless I am doing something wrong. looked through all the menu’s but can’t find it, will have another look next week :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

wildfire:

the maoster:

mine doesn’t once you take a 45 break it clears the drive time which I know is correct but I haven’t found on mine the running total, our newer scania’s do but my stralis doesn’t unless I am doing something wrong. looked through all the menu’s but can’t find it, will have another look next week :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

The Stoneridge Tacho’s will show youre total drive for the day/week/fortnight but some of the other makes dont :smiley:

This is one advantage the ‘Elog’ system has over here, at any time I can just glance at the screen and see how many hours and minutes I have available for the shift, if I scoll to ‘View log’ it tells me how many left for the week and in the case of a split break when my next 2 hour or 8 hour break should be taken, it will not let me log back in untill I have fully taken my proper break, either 2, 8, 10 or 34 hours.
No paper to print, nothing to write, it’s all recorded at head office.

Pat Hasler:
This is one advantage the ‘Elog’ system has over here, at any time I can just glance at the screen and see how many hours and minutes I have available for the shift, if I scoll to ‘View log’ it tells me how many left for the week and in the case of a split break when my next 2 hour or 8 hour break should be taken, it will not let me log back in untill I have fully taken my proper break, either 2, 8, 10 or 34 hours.
No paper to print, nothing to write, it’s all recorded at head office.

Technology eh■■? LOL :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Biro and notepad! :grimacing: old skool!

briscoe05:
Biro and notepad! :grimacing: old skool!

:open_mouth: fingers an toes here whats a Biro an notepad :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: