Toys'r'us : Not looking good

Salvage meetings in progress, pension pot not filled up.
In my opinion have they caught up with the modern times .
Kids now are well ahead with knowledge of technology and the latest games.

They like many other have been hit by the online shopping revolution ,New Look will be next (it’s a women’s clothes shop).,My brother works…well worked their just given his notice in, as a engineer in the RDC but lots are now jumping ship as it’s in real trouble.

Looks like Geoffrey has stuck his neck out too far and got into trouble

It has never really evolved like the other big brands. Look at argos a catalogue shop now has its own online delivery service.

adam277:
It has never really evolved like the other big brands. Look at argos a catalogue shop now has its own online delivery service.

Argos was well and truly on it’s way out until it was recently bought by sainsbury’s.

Who is Geoffrey ?

onesock:

adam277:

Argos was well and truly on it’s way out until it was recently bought by sainsbury’s.

Yea, they are doing great now. Evolve or die :sunglasses:

I think toy r us will struggle because their competitors have already established themselves well in the online space.

If I had money to invest, it would be in courier companies and not shops and sheds. Our Christmas shopping has come through the front door or letterbox.
ASOS or Amazon

onesock:
Who is Geoffrey ?

Just looked it up…derrrr…hahaha well done pierre you certainly are in the know. I’m with it now, up to speed and all.

onesock:
Who is Geoffrey ?

He’s the big giraffe … he was the companies main stay and was in the adverts in the 80’s

onesock:

onesock:
Who is Geoffrey ?

Just looked it up…derrrr…hahaha well done Peirre you certainly are in the know. I’m with it now, up to speed and all.

Ah ahh your Googlefu is not strong
youtu.be/br377Gi7rDA

Another American “globalist” company imploding.
Lot more to come I think.ASDA,Argos,Bovis homes,Heinz etc etc etc.
These companies cannot face real competition because they set their profit margins way to high when peoples wages ,in reality,have not risen for the past decade.
You can only cut your workers wages so far,then comes the point where they cant or wont pay your exorbitant prices.
I think that the “austerity” policy ,where you try to make the consumer live on lower and lower incomes yet try to “grow” your economy through “consumerism” has finally reached its end game.
Think your going to try to put food on the table than buy some cheap plastic toy.
Once upon a time this “pester power” worked.Now its over.