Totting up ban

Has anyone had one of these?

I’m guessing loads of people have had them.

Can’t guess at how stupid a person whose weekly wage and paying their mortgage relied on their licence would have to be to get one of these.

I don’t think they ban that many if jobs depend on licence.

One punter has 62 points and still driving
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/0 … g-legally/
(i wonder what his/her insurance premiums are, or may be don’t bother with insurance?)

and it is thought over 10,000 people are still driving that have exceeded 12 points

Not all points count towards the 12
Get stopped speeding and found to have 4 illegal tyres - that is 15 points but only 3 count towards the 12 because they were all gained on the same stop where only the highest will count

An acquaintance of mine had 14 points the last time I spoke to him. Still drives a lorry all week.

Hi you can go for a hardship dispensation if you rely on your licence and other people ( family etc ) will be adversly affected by your inabillity to create an income
as always the best way to avoid points is not to get them in the first place

Conor:
Can’t guess at how stupid a person whose weekly wage and paying their mortgage relied on their licence would have to be to get one of these.

I don’t believe the OP asked “Are there any supercilious and holier-than-thou members on here who like to post pious and prissy comments?”

BiL has just had 6 points removed from his license this past month. He only has 16 now :unamused: