Totting up and Court

pavaroti:

gnasty gnome:

pavaroti:
Bin the nip. And don’t answer your door to strangers, or sign for registered mail. When they resend the nip bin it and bin it again. If your away tramping your laughing as your never home anyway. They ain’t gonna send a swat team round to your house over a nip. Mail gets lost all the time and camera partnerships like all goverment organs [zb] up.

Cover your back and get the dvla to send a duplicate out as you have lost your original. You should have done this idealy while your licence was still clean. :bulb:

Worked for me in the past. :wink: :grimacing:

I’m not going to waste my time arguing the toss with you on this one cos we’ve been there before.

But… if the OP is using a digicard, it doesn’t matter if he’s tramping or not because his gaffer’s records will show him to be driving. Assuming he ignores the NIP’s and gets banned “in absentia” then he AND his gaffer will end up far deeper in the ■■■ than they’d want to be. He’d get done for driving whilst disqualified, gaffer could get done for causing and permitting same, bye-bye O-licence.

Your move. :wink:

“Ignores the nip and gets banned in absentia” :confused: :confused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: When has this ever happened before. :confused:

Are you one of these bods that thinks the goverment knows all, see’s all and is very very efficient? :confused: :open_mouth: :laughing:

It happens, read the link I put up the TC can and does act “in absentia” too :wink:

You can be a player, or you can be a pawn, you decide… :wink: :grimacing:

pavaroti:

My licence is clean but I don’t play by the bad method you suggest :wink:

billybigrig:

pavaroti:

My licence is clean but I don’t play by the bad method you suggest :wink:

:wink:

Bud143:
Serves you rite for speeding in roadworks.You deserve to get banned for it.Think of the familys you could ruin if you kill some poor sod.

Mr Dickinson shut yer drivel ur not whiter than White I expected better from a mate!!! Lol :open_mouth:

pavaroti:
Bin the nip. And don’t answer your door to strangers, or sign for registered mail. When they resend the nip bin it and bin it again. If your away tramping your laughing as your never home anyway. They ain’t gonna send a swat team round to your house over a nip. Mail gets lost all the time and camera partnerships like all goverment organs [zb] up.

Cover your back and get the dvla to send a duplicate out as you have lost your original. You should have done this idealy while your licence was still clean. :bulb:

Worked for me in the past. :wink: :grimacing:

The courts are alive to various schemes for avoiding points and/or disqualification. As some local taxi drivers found out, you can turn points or a disqualification into imprisonment for perverting the course of justice with a modest amount of effort. As the NIPÂ has gone to an employer, he or she is unlikely to ‘lose’ it and not reply, as that would endanger repute and draw VOSA’s attention to the operator’s licence.

Realistically the employer has little alternative to identifying the driver, unless he or she can show good reason as to why it is impossible to identify the driver. In a vehicle with a tachograph, it is unlikely there will be such an excuse, especially with a digital tachograph. Once the identity of the driver is known, the courts and the Traffic Commissioner can take action in the driver’s absence if the driver ignores proceedings.

So far as falsely applying for a duplicate licence saying you have lost the original, then using the original to misrepresent the number of points you have (or that you still have a licence when you are actually disqualified), this is a well-known scam. Increasingly employers ask for your permission to check your status with DVLA, and falsely stating you have lost your licence to obtain a duplicate is a criminal offence (though IÂ can’t think exactly what off the top of my head).

pavaroti:
Are you one of these bods that thinks the goverment knows all, see’s all and is very very efficient? :confused: :open_mouth: :laughing:

No. But I’m not one of those bods who wants to lose his living and potentially his freedom by taking the chance either.

Just out of interest; many years ago, when I was young and stupid and thought I knew it all, I got myself disqualified under the old “3 strikes and you’re out” system. One endorsement for speeding, one for a bald tyre and one for summat else so ■■■■ trivial I can’t even remember, but in those days that was enough to get you a three month ban, especially if you were a squaddy and ended up in the magistrate’s court of a garrison town. :imp:

Went on leave a couple of weeks later, hadn’t told my old man I’d got banned. He asked me to sort his car out; I was a mechanic in the Army so of course couldn’t really say no. Took it for a road test when I thought no-one was looking; spotted by local bobby who had that very morning been notified that I’d been disqualified, my parents address being my official home address.

Result; year’s ban, serious bollocking from my OC when I got back and effectively it buggered up my career in the army cos I missed out on training courses and promotion.

That was in 1980; are you trying to tell me that the government know LESS about us now? :wink:

Just re-read the OP. There’s often people on here shouting the odds about the current rules/police etc. - but looking at your history have you learned nothing?? What does it take before people realise that the law is the law (love or hate it) and if you contravene it you will pay. As of here and now anyone stupid enough to be caught for any traffic offence deserves whatever punishment they get. What’s so difficult to understand??

gardun:
What does it take before people realise that the law is the law (love or hate it) and if you contravene it you will pay.

Speeding tickets are avoidable - go slower!

I posted here about the correspondence between speedometer speed, tachograph speed and true road speed. The stark conclusion is that driving at 10% over the indicated speed limit on a tachograph vehicle, as many believe is safe, can be a true road speed outside the “10% + 2 mph” guideline often applied to speeding offences.

I should have added in my earlier post that the fact the offence took place in roadworks is also an aggravating factor. The number of road maintenance workers killed each year is no joke.

Further, there has been recent publicity about how many facing a “totting up” ban successfully claim exceptional hardship - it’s something like a third of all drivers with twelve or more points. This could well lead to a tightening up - if a third of drivers are succeeding with such a claim, it cannot be described as ‘exceptional’. The whole point of totting up is that persistent offenders should expect to lose their licence - not find a way out of the ban, often to keep on driving as before.

As I said, the original poster should get a solicitor experienced in road traffic law. There is no avoiding an uncomfortable encounter with a court and most likely with the Traffic Commissioner as well.

Volvofh16:

Bud143:
Serves you rite for speeding in roadworks.You deserve to get banned for it.Think of the familys you could ruin if you kill some poor sod.

Mr Dickinson shut yer drivel ur not whiter than White I expected better from a mate!!! Lol :open_mouth:

Ey nick you spelt me name wrong.I didnt look who posted or i would worded it different!I’m not whiter than white i couldnt agree more but after working for lane rentals i dont speed in road works anymore!

Dont know why your bothered anyway mar you dont wanna do the job lol!

If your employer fails to respond to the NIP naming the driver, he’ll end up in court.
Getting a replacement licence for the benefit of showing any future employers a clean sheet is fraud by misrepresentation - not only that, their insurance will be null and void as you clearly are a persistant offender and the fraud will come to light next time you (inevitably will) get caught speeding.
The courts are taking an increasingly dim view of ‘lieniency’ with regards to bans on totting up. the whole point of the points system is to serve as a warning to you, you have clearly ignored the previous warnings you have had.
Although not current policy, there are mutterings that insurance companies will start loading premiums for those with speeding points. the ,logic being that those who speed are more likely to be paying less attention and therefore more likely to have a claim made against them. you seem to prove their point to be honest.

I have no sympathy with you to be honest, you’ve had at least 3 previous oppertunities to amend your driving style to be more careful and safer, you have chosen to ignore each of them and now are worried you’ll lose your licence, shame you didn’t worry about it so much when you were accumulating your first 9 points!
Personally i think f you can’t be bothered to take driving (especially professional driving) seriously, you don’t deserve a licence.

don’t worry about it. they can’t take it off you if you plead hardship on you and your family.
but expect a large fine.
why have you admitted to speeding in the past? just because they say you’re a naughty boy. it dosn’t mean you have to agree with them.

limeyphil:
don’t worry about it. they can’t take it off you if you plead hardship on you and your family.

Where do you draw the line with that though, i’m sure the families of just about everyone who was ever sent to prison suffered some sort of hardship, doesn’t stop them getting sent down though.

Wouldn’t a larger fine also cause hardship on the family? A bit of a contradiction really!

Derf:

limeyphil:

Where do you draw the line with that though, i’m sure the families of just about everyone who was ever sent to prison suffered some sort of hardship, doesn’t stop them getting sent down though.

Wouldn’t a larger fine also cause hardship on the family? A bit of a contradiction really!

i agree. drink/drug driving, you lose you licence. then you and your family suffer.
but for some reason the courts accept the argument of hardship for speeding. the law is very strange sometimes.

You’re pushing an open door there fella!
Ultimately, not withstanding what the court does, it all depends on who the OP’s traffic Commissioner is!

Says east Yorkshire on his profile. Ain’t that Beverley bells area?

No preaching from me but how did you get a further 3 points on your licence with 9 already on there?

I’d have been driving miss daisy till a few came off…

How fast were you going nick ? I got caught in same section just under a month ago doin 68 now I only sent the back a fewvdays ago just under the 28day reply order as I have 6 points but 3 come off on the 23rd as I was worried I might get 6 points for it, I recieved a letter the day after I sent my reply to them and they mentioned I might be eligble for a safety course but we shall wait and see, hope all goes well mate

Volvofh16, you’ve done the crime, now do the time. We’ve all been there, you got caught. Tough!