Totally sick and tired of agency work

Just what it says on the tin - after the [zb] up on Saturday, I’ve got fed up of being treated like a piece of ■■■, not that that’s unusual in this job, it just seems more so on agency work. Not wishing to tar them all with the same brush, but they’re mostly a buch of thieving so and so’s out for their own ends. Taken some time off to try and get a regular job. Just working Saturdays and Sundays for a bit to bring some cash in at least, and not at my last place either :wink:.

Had a few interesting 'phone calls today and will be sending several CV’s off tomorrow,having spoken to a fair few companies on the 'phone, one of the companies being BOCM Pauls animal feeds - tipping of all things (anyone know anything about them?) Sounds intersting, no dealing with RDC’s either, a lot of the deliveries are to farms which ought to keep it interesting and it doesn’t matter that I’ve got no experience either, as they’ll give me a weeks training :wink:. Will follow them up with a 'phone call Tuesday/Wednesday.

hey lib good luck matey

Good Luck Lib,

Their motor’s always look clean and tidy and well maintained, so if the price is right?

one of the companies being BOCM Pauls animal feeds - tipping of all things (anyone know anything about them?) Sounds intersting

Sounds like you will be using a bulk blower tipper. Most animal feed/cake is delivered in bulk but has to be blown into bins/silos.(pig & chicken farms always use this method) Some of the dairy/beef farms will take bulk on the floor for using in their diet feeders. Sounds like a good job since I have never seen a feed lorry driver get too harassed and you always get good crack from the farmers. You might find some of the drops tight to get into and the job could be a bit on the dusty side but you get to see the countryside more than trap one or two. :laughing:

BOCM is one of the largest players in the feed industry so they should have plenty of work. Do’nt know what the terms and conditions are thou.

I had a mate who used to deliver chemical to farms the only probelms head were finding the farms and then finding the farmers!!!..

[zb] up sorted. Profuse apology forthcoming. Able to approach for reference whenever I need :wink:. Can I do Sunday? Not a chance :laughing:. Onwards and upwards :wink:.

driver hire will not work for any company who mistreats their drivers but their amount of work suffers

the best connection seem ok and the money is above average. i registered with them yesterday and i had a job today at £7.50 p/h for class 2. they offer long term work too and they will try and move you from any job you dont like.

BOCM Pauls animal feeds

deliver in to their depot in renfrew every now and again,if you can handle the smell then good on you,not for me. :laughing: :laughing: good luck

I went to a BOCM mill near Diss once on a fairly warm day, my cab was full of ■■■■■■■ flies for the next hour, it was a bloody nightmare. :laughing:

Good luck Liberace :smiley:

deliver in to their depot in renfrew every now and again,if you can handle the smell then good on you,not for me. good luck

That would be the fish food factory eh? I used to deliver wheat and barley into that mill. When they first opened the fish food side, it was stinking but then they built a big digester outside, full of bark. It’s supposed to be full of bugs that eat the smell. Anyway it did work to some extent. The fish food side is a different company/division I think.

Some of tthe soya and base feed etc that goes into the cake does pong a bit when it gets wet. but like everything else you do get used to it. I’ve had worse smelling jobs! :laughing: