Totally new to everything advice needed

Hi all my name is john.
I am currently in the process of my cat C driving licence. I have passed my theory test and i have done 4 hours today driving for my second day on my 5 day course (i started friday). I have my practical test on thursday which my instructor is confident i will pass.

If i pass on thursday can i then look for a job? Or do i have to take a cpc test? I dont understand it because looking around on the net it says i have to take 4 parts which includes theory and practical. Does this mean i have to sit my theory test and practical all over again?.

Sorry for being dumb but i have never been around the industry to understand it all.

Hi John,and welcome to the forum. To answer your question properly, I need to know when you passed your car test. If you passed before 1997, you have till Sept to complete 35 hours periodic training - your CAT C may qualify if your trainer has the course approved.

If you passed 1997 or later, you will need to pass Module 2 (case studies test at the theory test centre) and Module 4 (practical demonstration test at the driving test centre).

Your trainer should be able to assist you with the appropriate route. But any probs, fire away and I’ll try and help more.

Good luck with your training, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi thank you for your reply i passed my driving test in march 2007. So this means i would have to take module 2 and 4 if i pass on thursday? Once i get my head around it all i should be fine.

That’s correct - except you don’t have to wait till you’ve passed your test. In a perfect world, you would have done your Mod 2 at the same time as the theory tests and your Mod 4 during your driving course. But you’ll be ok - just cant drive until you’ve got it done.

I wouldn’t apply for work until you’ve got it all passed as you wont be qualified to start work - which could be very frustrating for the employer!

You should be able to get help from your trainer, but if that isn’t the case, you’re always welcome back here.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks again pete for the reply. I had my training funded and was all sorted through my probation officer (im not a bad person so please nobody judge me) so i never had any control on what the funded money was spent on. I am however a bit miffed at the company who i am training with as they were the ones responsible for sending information to my probation officer on what i needed to be ready to look for work etc.
but its no big deal i will ask tomorrow about the mod 2 and 4 and how much i will have to pay.

Am i right in thinking that once i have passed the mod 2 and 4 that the cpc renewal wont be like a test meaning there is no fail for periodic 35 hour cpc course?

Thanks again,
John.

Am i right in thinking that once i have passed the mod 2 and 4 that the cpc renewal wont be like a test meaning there is no fail for periodic 35 hour cpc course?

Yes, that’s right. Hope you get it sorted ok.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete much appreciated.

Best of luck with your training and test. Hope it all comes together for you. Tim