Total jobs.com

keep seeing Agency drivers network advertising there with different rats for the same area, has anybody worked for them? are they any good? Is there advertising rates just a hook so you apply.

ADN - front loaded umbrella fees which the first shift in any week barely covers. Paid 2 weekly, so there’s a good chance you’ll only get a single midweek early day per 2 weeks too, unless you sign their 12 hour contract, in which case you’ll get more of the crap stuff to bulk it out.

Midweek rates are crap, but the meaty weekend rates will be touted tempting you to waste your time signing up, as I fell for. The weekend work then of course never materialises, despite them being eager to get you on a 12 hour umbrella contract. (No doubt I’d end up being forced to work 6am midweek starts for crap money when I was chasing the weekend stuff only!)

I signed up last year, opted out of umbrella, and consquently never received any work from them. I attended an unpaid assessment as well, to which the assessor didn’t show. I didn’t get paid. Don’t bother. Too big to care, and operate like the RyanAir of agencies as has been said in other threads. Like manpower, they are an agency that has cost me money jumping through their hoops, but have never given me any work to actually earn any!
:angry: :imp: :frowning:

I’ve worked for ADR twice now in different areas.
Had no problems! Where are you based?

Enfield, Thurrock, Sittingbourne. (Iceland, Nisa, Morrisons). Funny how there’s no work unless you sign up to the 12 hour thing, and that only guarantees ANY old 12 hours, not the weekends & nights which is all I’m available for as single shifts…
What a fiddle! :angry: :angry: :angry:

It’s like contracting to buy some banknotes for £12 each, and they show you a fistfull of £20’s and £50’s but come the day you find yourself forking out and getting packets full of fivers and tenners instead…
NOT happy! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Strange as I had a contract with them guaranteeing 24h a week although I was doing 12h shifts 5 one week, 6 the next including every weekend. Infact if I could have cut myself in 2 I would have!
I’m Swindon / Bristol area. I is a bit quiter now as Morrisons have moved both RDC’s to Bridgewater.
Not long ago I went temp to perm at Icelands so got lucky I guess.

worked for them the last 5 yrs ,kept me in work ,can muck you about abit (but what agency dont) i think they have a number of unbrella companys but i work under a LTD company as i dont trust the unbrella schemes ,they have given me as much work as needed but this might be because of the area i am in

I don’t want 6am weekday work ever. I try to make the agencies understand, but the agency attitude seems to be “He’ll relent once he’s on the books”. When offered the 12 hour deal, I asked if it meant committing to every weekend. After some evasive language, it turned out there wouldn’t BE any weekends except bank holidays. That’s no good to me, as I’ve got 6 other agencies throwing work at me during those busy times, but naff all in between.

The hours I want are the hours I want FFS! :imp: :imp: :imp:

I was hoping to get coverage all year around with various agencies, ie when one is quiet, another one picks up etc.
Food haulage is different to rag trade, breweries, engine parts, etc etc. Back in January when I was stuck in the dole for 5 weeks, I was trying to get work driving the gritters FFS!

Obviously not high enough in the pecking order of schemes to get a look in, but you only have to look around to see there’s plenty of others “getting the work” in any week - all year around!. :frowning: