Total beginner

On from my last set of questions, cause I thought I’d gone on enough for one page.

I am thinking of approaching the likes of maritime, Wincanton for Sub work. Can anyone tell me what and how they pay drivers to haul? I’m thinking from much older questions on this forum that they pay so much a mile, has that changed?

Can anyone give me any idea as to how much new trailer hire is going to cost me?
What would be the best to go for or which is in more demand, a box trailer or curtain sider?
I mentioned previously that I’m thinking, still, of driving for myself. Can anyone give me some up to date figures on how much it may cost/ I’m thinking Mercedes Actros or Volvo. Maybe also some idea as to fuel usage and which would be best.
I’m thinking on the face of it that the main costs to doing it yourself are as follows!!!
1.Insurance
2.Unit/trailer cost
3.Fuel
4.Tyres
5.Operator centre
6.Road tax
7.VAT
8.WAGES
9.?
10?
Anymore anyone may want to tell me about that I’ve over looked?
I’m thinking from what someone said to me that I need to employ a transport manager! is that really correct with me just running one truck for myself? If so how much would that cost me too? Would it pay for me to get qualified and be my own Tran’ Magr or isn’t it allowed to be a driver and your own at the same time?

Have not read your other post was just going to say probably a good idea to continue with that one rather than starting another thread.

Not something to get into lightly but you need the Transport Managers And Operators Handbook by David Lowe. Bit pricey about £60 I think. But well worth it for what you are asking.

Forgot to say: if 2016 version not out yet might be worth holding out for a month or two.