Torquay

Saw a sign last night for Coach & Lorry park in Town Centre, followed it round and next sign had arrow painted out.
Anyway I ended up going round in a ■■■■ circle so knocked it on the head. :unamused:
Where is it or has it gone like many others.

Wasn’t too bothered, ended up parking behind B&Q on ind est, found a nice pub with a beer garden (The Whiting or something) and sat in the sun like a tourist :sunglasses: …I love this job this time of year. :smiley:

Well hell mend ye.
A pub?
On a school night?
What have i told you about your reckless boozing mid week? Even a shandy lolly can risk millions of childrens lives. You are meant to be a professional truckerist. You are meant to be a role model to the newbie driver crew. You are a disgrace to the profession. Even the whiff of spilt bitter on a beer mat could severely affect your ability to pilot a thundering juggernaut the following day. I think its time to hang the keys up. You need to decide whether you want to continue being a “professional” wagonista or retire and move to Bridlington, where you could spend your days boozing away your pension and being in charge in nothing more lethal than a mobility scooter.

Yours, in outage.
A.Noyed.
(Daily mail reader)

Looks more like you’ve been drinking than me bud. :laughing:

robroy:
Looks more like you’ve been drinking than me bud. :laughing:

No not at all. I don’t drink. No. Not me.

I stayed there earlier in the year. Maybe they close it off to the likes of us during the holiday season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can park there. Not a problem.

Wish I’d known, would have stayed there tonight, but I’d been cutting it a bit fine if it had been shut.

It’s a bus station car park. It doesn’t close!

But if they decide to become a sole coach park, and make the English Riviera the Benidorm of the out green and pleasant land, I’d have been knackered. Not that I’m knocking Weston-super-mare at all

It won’t be. You’ll know when you see it!:wink:

I know. I’ve stayed there before, but I think it was something like February. I was the only bugger on there, except for a load of courier vans that rocked up, did a load of ■■■■■■■ about and general noise making, then buggered off.

Wasn’t going to reply due to age of the post but I guess this could be useful for someone in future:

The grey route is possible but more hassle than it is worth. NX do it in tri axle coaches but follow the blue route, it’s just easier, although more traffic.

You’ll only come in from the bottom if you’ve been via Paignton. In which case, stick Magdelene Road in the sat nav, but once you get there, don’t go down it (if it tries to send you down a lane at a park it’s sent you a weird route, carry on, then straight over the mini roundabout and left at the next, entrance on the left after that):

Don’t follow grey route, you’ll get stuck in a truck, I wouldn’t take anything bigger than a Luton through it.

As far as parking charges go, I only remember a coach driver complaining about that he put about five of them on his coach but the council didn’t like it and gave him a ticket. Don’t know if HGV’s have to pay.

There’s a McColl’s 50 yards down from the entrance on Lymington Road. The town centre is a 5-10 minute walk down Lymington Road (follow Central Area signs or get on a bus if you’re lazy).

Area is generally OK but there have been incidents of theft from coaches in the past. I live round the corner so can answer any other questions.