Topics removed on request?

A recent discussion (6 infringements already in 5 shifts) that was taking place in the new drivers forum has been removed “by request”, presumably it was the OP who requested that the topic should be removed but that’s just a guess.

In fact a quick look in the new drivers forum shows 2 topics that have recently been removed because of a request, presumably request by the topic starters.

As far as I could see there was no reason to have the topic removed, the OP asked some questions got some answers from several people then presumably because he didn’t like some of the replies asked for the topic to be removed.

As far as I can see it’s never been Trucknet_UKs policy to remove topics just because a request was made, if that’s going to be the case there doesn’t seem to be much point in replying to anything because if the OP doesn’t get the replies he/she was hoping for they’ll just ask for the topic to be removed.

If this had always been TN policy it would mean that some of the most entertaining threads on this board would have been removed before they even got off the ground.

I appreciate that people sometimes post stuff they shouldn’t then delete their posts and sometimes ask for the quoted posts to be edited to, but to simply remove topics because the OP doesn’t like the answers he’s getting is disrespectful to the members who take the time and trouble to post, there’s certainly nothing in the forum rules that says people can only reply in a way that the OP hopes for and there’s nothing in the forum rules that says topics will be removed if the OP doesn’t like some of the replies he/she gets.

So what is Trucknet-UKs policy on removing whole topics on request ?

And ■■■■ it’s gone

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Disclaimer
If I don’t get replies that I like and only replies that I like I may “request” that this topic be removed.

:smiley: :wink:

tachograph:
Disclaimer
If I don’t get replies that I like and only replies that I like I may “request” that this topic be removed.

:smiley: :wink:

And

POOOOOF that’s gone too

:grimacing:

I sense a little sarcasm in the air

[emoji851][emoji41][emoji847]

tachograph:
So what is Trucknet-UKs policy on removing whole topics on request ?

The answer to the first question is that I removed the ‘6 infringements already in 5 shifts’ topic after having received a PM from somebody.
That PM contained a valid reason for the request to remove the topic.
Forum rules prohibit the discussion of the content of a PM, so the nearest that I can say as an answer is that the reason isn’t anything that you put forward in your post.

The answer to the wider question regarding TN policy on the removal of whole topics is that it would depend on circumstances, such as a valid reason being put forward. Preferably there’d be a couple of PMs back and to so that nothing is done in haste.

Without a valid reason for a request to remove a topic, the topic would of course remain where it is.

Why is the 420/421 post being reviewed?

Freight Dog:
Why is the 420/421 post being reviewed?

I dealt with a PM’ed request that came as a result of that topic.

I agreed to look at the point made, so after reviewing it and doing some research, it remains gone.

■■■■ I thought this had gone for a minute

Still here tachograph