Removed

When claiming job seekers allowance,you can work 16 hours a week and still receive all your benefits.
It would be best to ask a Dwp advisor about your partner.As they are clamping down now.
The paperwork is a lot and not easy to get sorted.Citizens Advice Bureau offer free advise on all matters.

i thought you had to work 24 hours to get tax credits? they upped it from 16.
You’ll be allowed jsa because she dosn’t work more than 24 hours.
why sign on the dole anyway?

Young TT (my step son) has a mrs and she had to sign on. Cos they are not living together the dole office didn’t care about his wage. However, if they had lived together his was would if been taken into account.

Forms are all on line now. It’s far from simple so she said

Young TT (my step son) has a mrs and she had to sign on. Cos they are not living together the dole office didn’t care about his wage. However, if they had lived together his was would if been taken into account.

Tipper Tom:

Someones gonna grass he up for claiming twice. :laughing:

any scousers here to help??

For the first 6 months you can do a sole claim if you’ve enough NI contributions to qualify for contributions based JSA however you’ll still need to put details of the wife on the form. You have to put the wife down but her income isn’t taken into account until after 6 months when you change to an income based JSA claim.

Child Tax Credit will continue but you’ll need to inform tax credits of the change in circumstances. You may see the money go up from tax credits. If you get childcare paid for as part of tax credits that’ll be stopped.

Don’t forget to claim Council Tax Benefit as well.

You may be able to claim housing benefit

IIRC you can only earn £5.00 per week ( not sure if this is for a joint or not )

Your tax credits may stop after a few weeks

But you may be able to claim income support instead of JSA as you have a child although depends how old use to be 16 but think they have changed that

Every penny that enters your household counts as income but then some such as child benefit as not counted for means tested top ups or housing benefit (HB)

HB is paid towards rent and not mortgage

If you have enough credits for JSA then you can get that as a right for 6 months and not means tested but it still counts as income

They will take into account the wages from the wife and allow a certain amount of that not to count as income but its not a lot - probably will work out just enough to cover travel to work costs so she will in effect be working for no financial gain

there are Govt and other sites where you can put all this info under whatever name you like and get a reasonable idea of what you will get - google - benefits calculator - takes about 15 mins

When I signed on did the forms online didn’t take that long to do then went to the jobcentre to sign the forms.
Housing benefit was 90% of my rent.got paid in 2 instalments every 2 weeks as with Jsa was £142.70 every fortnight and council tax benefit didnt pay council tax when I was signing on.
You have to set up an online account with direct gov and record job searches jobs applied for etc thats what the job centre will assess your attempt to find a job as wether to pay your jsa.

Thank fully all behind me now as started a permanent job last monday.

Jeff

just get on and claim
it can appear a slow process

It might be difficult but try not telling them you have a class 1 licence because when they asses you and look into your job searches will expect you to take any class 1 job going.

viking35dp:
It might be difficult but try not telling them you have a class 1 licence because when they asses you and look into your job searches will expect you to take any class 1 job going.

This is true, but they can’t make you take agency work as the work isn’t guaranteed, however if the agency agree a guaranteed basic pay then they can insist that you apply. If the work is crap and hours are no good to you then interviews can go wrong easily :wink:
That said been out of work myself and it aint fun. Ended up taking anything just to get back to work, its easier to find work when you’re in work. Strange but true.

Job centre sent me on an information day at Aspray haulage the guy said its varied hours and as your all unemployed the terms were 6 weeks work for NO pay then might be an interview at the end :open_mouth:

They wondered why we all said no then the job centre said why didnt you take it■■? Thought that was kinda obvious lol.

Daytrunker:
Job centre sent me on an information day at Aspray haulage the guy said its varied hours and as your all unemployed the terms were 6 weeks work for NO pay then might be an interview at the end :open_mouth:

They wondered why we all said no then the job centre said why didnt you take it■■? Thought that was kinda obvious lol.

Why would anyone pay to work (travel costs) I’d tell them to chin off too

viking35dp:

Licence has been revoked, car and hgv hence the reason for signing on.

As said try income support as then they leave you alone & dont have to go to job centre to sing on at all & as you have a kid that will make it easier

Or if licence has been revoked due to illness then claim ESA

animal:
Or if licence has been revoked due to illness then claim ESA

Not possible = viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106407#p1595027

Wayne,
After reading about your story on the other thread, well done fella, and best of luck to you and your family.

Did the GP refer you to your local CAD office ( community alcohol and drug advisors ) If not ask your nhs trust how you can contact them or google search in your local area for them. They will be more helpful than your GP regarding DVLA, you have to attend regulary but they also will get your benefits sorted out for you. They were a great help for my mate who tried to off himself 3 times, he is now off the drink and back at work and has his license back. Also Stonham housing or stoneham housing may be able to offer help for you.

Good luck mate.