Seems I am the only one that likes it.
I didn’t think about the central driving position though. Good point.

Tesla is a disruptor in the market. Yea, they are doing a lot of things different but hopefully in the process they come up with a few good ideas that stick.
Trucks as we know them have not really changed much in quite a long time. So I am generally supportive when people try and disrupt the market a bit by trying something different.
Even if the end result is just the competition stepping up their game.

Watched this…

Earlier and gave it a like.

The Tesla semi will never appear in anything other than a PR stunt for Mr Muskrat.

yes you should pay for Bertie’s mum to come over

I was hoping Fords F-vision concept truck designed by Fords Turkish design centre would have come to fruition since it inception at the Hannover commercial vehicles show in 2018. Much prefer that than the Tesla Semi.
youtube.com/watch?v=46lRv2idyVk

You never see a driver who ‘‘never looks out the window’’ twice, because failing to check directly in the dark and in the sort of weather conditions we have now will lead to serious maneuvering wreckage in short order and said driver receiving his P45 and a boot up the arse out the gate.

You see them reversing up to trailers mirrors only until the inevitable crunch, sadly that noise sometimes isn’t the fifth wheel engaging its the rear lights or the truck battery casing or the back of the cab or a combination of the three being stoved in as they miss the pin entirely :unamused: , and don’t get us started on what might be happening 50 ft away unseen at the back of the trailer on a wet winter night :unamused: :unamused:

Amusing video Luke, can’t disagree with anything there, the design is hopeless, maybe it could work in the USA where bonnets are typical and there’s a living space behind the cab, but if anything its a long distance cab but the cab design as you point out isn’t suitable for what typical distribution transport involves here.
There have been doors before that were behind the driver, Morris FG’s :smiling_imp:

morris FG.PNG

Ironically if the industry had any survival instinct it would be making the case for electric LHV drawbar outfits.
In which having no imposed load from the trailer combined with the batteries would be a game changer assuming changeable battery packs.
It would also be protesting the plan for rail on the basis of electric trucks v diesel freight trains in that cases.Electric is the future right.

Carryfast:
Ironically if the industry had any survival instinct it would be making the case for electric LHV drawbar outfits.
In which having no imposed load from the trailer combined with the batteries would be a game changer assuming changeable battery packs.
It would also be protesting the plan for rail on the basis of electric trucks v diesel freight trains in that cases.Electric is the future right.

Good god your mind is a bewildering skip fire