keep it up Paddy, great to see how youre getting on

Ignore previous post - video fixed!

I felt stressed watching that, because that’s about the stage I’m at now - I’ve got the turn-point and “follow the trailer” part sussed out, but I always need a shunt (or 5) to get it spot on to the bays. The weird thing is, I had a completely clear run-in to the easiest bay ever, in bright clear daylight, and stuffed it 3 times - got so close and then overcooked it. I think it’s because I was just trying to do it at the speed that the experienced drivers do, and I ain’t there yet!
Later that day, different truck, and I got to an extremely busy, tight RDC at dusk, without about 5 truckers waiting for a bay, the pressure was on, and I banged it straight in (well, one mini-shunt for tidiness).
Apparently, it’s because one was a mid-lift and the other was a tag-axle, and it really does affect the pivot point. (Only found afterwards that the unit has a secret “crawl mode” on reverse that they forgot to tell me about!)

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
Already sent an email to Freightroute giving them my notice.

Then your signature might need changing :smiley:

I drive a BIG lorry for Freightroute

Well done Paddy and good luck in your new role.

One big sting is having to wait till December for my first wage after weekly pay for the last 4 years.

Do you mean 1st December? When do you actually start? I would have thought that if you start before the 14th of the month you should definitely be included in the payroll by the end of the month.
(You’ll miss out on your national insurance tax-free allowance if they don’t process your pay every available month)
Otherwise, great news, and great to hear your progress [emoji106]