A688 to A688 is the left lane with the road ahead arrow on the approach

Just virtually driven it on google street view and there is a case for saying that the right approach lane could be used as the exit is just past the directly ahead or 12 o clock position

For me especially if driving a LGV - I would use the left lane every time

+1

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Since its a continuation of the same route discussed… I’m going with the above

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Your in the right… too many numpties cant read the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would use left also, anyone notice some roundabouts (not this one) have spurious markings. And then you get the ones where the locals think they are in the correct lane, when quite obviously they are not.

Another vote for left-hand lane, I used to got to Bishop Auckland several times every week in my truck, always disliked the whole area, far too many ■■■■■■ for my liking.

Re locals and their own ideas about lane discipline, I once stayed with some friends around Hastings, I followed the road markings as were clearly laid out for all to see, then found myself on the receiving end of a load of aggro from local drivers. I found out later from my friends that the locals have adopted their own interpretation of “the correct lane”… :unamused:

Edit: Oops… I’ve just discovered one of my nouns seems to be considered too offensive for the boards and has been automatically censored - sorry Mods :blush:

Zac_A:
Edit: Oops… I’ve just discovered one of my nouns seems to be considered too offensive for the boards and has been automatically censored - sorry Mods :blush:

That’s what the autocensor is for :slight_smile:
We’re all truck drivers, we know language can get a bit ‘robust’, but the board rules are quite strict.
Initially this was because the site was hosted on American servers and had to be strict to keep our (and our hosts) ‘open to all age groups’ licence.
We’ve kept them more or less the same because we like it that way, so do the major site sponsors which keeps this site free to use.

The initials zb are the initials of our boards first mod, ZaarBean, used to show he’d done the edit. We’ve kept them as a site tradition.
Bully’s Bar is another tradition, named after the mod who looked after The Bar. It has always been a BYOB bar :slight_smile: