Top Guns RAF.Ch4

Anybody else watching it?
Gives an insight into our first line of air defence.

Watched it last week this fighter pilot had honed in on a moving ‘target’ to see if his range finder was active to fire a missile before heading to his real target, a small island, or rock just off RAF Lossiemouth.
His practice ‘target’ that he had actually ranged into?..a random travelling family car. :open_mouth: :smiley:
Just think if he’d pressed the wrong button. :bulb: …nah wouldn’t happen, these guys are true professionals.

Another episode…A Russian aircraft enters British air space, the alarm goes off and they 'scramble ’ like a scene from The Battle of Britain.

Squadrons featured in Lossiemouth ,.Cyprus, Middle East, Finland and on front line against Russia in Baltic areas.

One thing that kinda surprised me,… when they are practicing air to air ‘dogfights’,.as well as the audible warning systems, they are still physically turning around and looking around behind and above them in the cockpit, I found that quite amazing,.I thought cameras, radar etc…, but they are still doing what they did since WW1.

Anyhow defo worth watching if that sort of stuff floats your boat.

It’s all moot when if push comes to shove we’ve only got less than 150 fighter aircraft total.Let alone replacing the Eurofighter with the F35.Its a suicide mission.

aircrewremembered.com/stone-don … -ross.html

have a read of the above rob… moving…

m.a.n rules:
61 Squadron Lancaster I ME732 QR-P Fl/Lt. Stone, RAF Skellingthorpe, Hoffkampweg, Almelo, Holland

have a read of the above rob… moving…

Yep, brave young lads the lot of them.
There are quite a few Brit and US air crew graves I’ve seen in Western Europe, many of them in non military cemeteries.
Quite a few of them are like a multi grave , as all that were left were unidentifiable body parts, and many of them burned.
We ALL owe these guys a lot. :bulb:

Another one.
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … -raid.html

robroy:
Another one.
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … -raid.html

Strange and disturbing story.The post war Yugoslav authorities obviously knew about the wreck and its missing crew with it.Also by implication the UK government at that time.
The families could/should have been informed and proper military burial carried out by at least the 1950’s.The story is a contradictory cover up of something that was clearly known about from the time and made to look like a new discovery of an unknown wreck.
Also Ground Attack and strafing by Italian based Beaufighters could have created more havoc to the refinery, like the sinking of the Rex, than subjecting crews of a slow antiquated obsolete bomber type to this needless risk.Surprised they didn’t lose more.