top gear

Guy Martin, Jodie Kidd and ■■?

Bill Oddie

Clarkson may be a bit of a ■■■■ but james, Richard, and he are top gear,it would never be the same regarding the humour,the specials,and so on,dont get me wrong guy martin is great but can you see him or Jodi kidd doing what Clarkson,may,and Hammond do,wouldnt be the same show,if they carry on with new presenters I give it 3 months before ratings collapse and they cancel it permanently

Julian Clary

truckman020:
Clarkson may be a bit of a ■■■■ but james, Richard, and he are top gear,it would never be the same regarding the humour,the specials,and so on,dont get me wrong guy martin is great but can you see him or Jodi kidd doing what Clarkson,may,and Hammond do,wouldnt be the same show,if they carry on with new presenters I give it 3 months before ratings collapse and they cancel it permanently

Would have to agre, Just don’t think it would be the same.

Eddie Irvine for his shirts alone!

merc0447:

Don’t you mean Eddie Jordan?

Chris Evans

I think they should stop bin dicks and bring clarkson back your all right it just won’t be the same maybe we could start a truck net partition get them back or something :wink: :wink: :wink: :confused: :confused:

Whether you liked him or not Top Gear with Clarkson and co was a winning formula. Now he’s gone it will have to re-invent itself. Go more car review based and it loses the entertainment. Keep the entertainment and its just going to be compared to Clarkson’s Top Gear.
BBC have shot themselves in the foot big time. Should have kept it behind the scenes and given him a fine.

damoq:

merc0447:

Aye that’s who I ment! Is Eddie Irvine the other Irish guy that drove for Ferrari?

merc0447:

damoq:

merc0447:

Aye that’s who I ment! Is Eddie Irvine the other Irish guy that drove for Ferrari?

Yip. That’s him.

Whatever the new BBC attempt at a new format will bring - the original boys on another channel with a new contract will trump it.

Independent media channels won’t be interested in throwing away tens of millions of licence payer’s money like the BBC are able to do - they’ll snap the boys up as a package deal like the public expect…

It’s not even much of a transition really is it?

Hands up who watches more top gear on “Dave” than live on BBC as it is?

I’ve often been at work when it’s on, and the works TV invariably only has “Freeview”. :unamused:

Clarkson assaulted another person from the same office because he didn’t get his own way and thought he was more important than the programme so he had to be sacked, if not he would have been taking the p…s out of this poor bloke on tv on Sunday and we would all be laughing at his expense,if some one at your place of employment assaulted you as like the million people who signed the petition you would all be shouting for that person to be sacked. it carnt be no different for Clarkson or anyone else

I’m not a fan as such I’ll watch it if it’s on, I do like the daft stuff and anything that mocks British Leyland (destroying those Marinas and upsetting the owners club :laughing: ) but the “Specials” don’t interest me at all. Timing celebs around the track has had its’ day, the “news” could be a bit longer and I don’t get the “Stig” infatuation at all.
Talking of presenters, why not keep May and Hammond and have a guest presenter each week like Have I Got News For You do?
Just don’t ask Forsythe or Vicki Butler-Henderson, unless they’re the safety failures of historic grand prix cars. :smiling_imp:

the Top Gear format is owned by the BBC
so Clarkson et al would have invent there own
I could live without some of the stupid things
they do

• Vicki …lush

Make it more feminine, camp it up, Dale Winton and Alan Carr…

Muckaway:
Talking of presenters, why not keep May and Hammond and have a guest presenter each week like Have I Got News For You do?

I believe all three presenters have reached the end of their contract with the BBC. So if Richard & James want go and work with J.C. on another channel there isn’t much the BBC can do about it.

hitch:

• Vicki …lush