Top / Bottom Light Bars

can anybody clairfy if these are illegal in European Country, i.e Spain?

think there was something about them being illegal but its about 3 years since i was in spain.
wiring them to a seperate switch may have been the answer?

Just don’t get caught using them!

Roof mounted spots are illegal in Spain.
But so long as the vehicle complies with construction and use regulations in the country of registration there is not much that they can do about it unless they catch you using them so yes you do need them on a seperate switch.

Vascoingles:
But so long as the vehicle complies with construction and use regulations in the country of registration there is not much that they can do about it unless they catch you using them so yes you do need them on a seperate switch.

This also applies to illuminated headboards, (dependent on colour) hence the need for a separate switch

Wheel Nut:

Vascoingles:

This also applies to illuminated headboards, (dependent on colour) hence the need for a separate switch

Will that apply to all Globetrotters then ? or is it the scandinavian looking type ye see on the Toplines?

Thought they were in Spain, wasn’t certain though.

thanks for your posts fellas, appreciated.

routier:

Wheel Nut:

Vascoingles:

Will that apply to all Globetrotters then ? or is it the scandinavian looking type ye see on the Toplines?

Thought they were in Spain, wasn’t certain though.

thanks for your posts fellas, appreciated.

Globetrotters definitely have a switch

where is it ?

glenman:
where is it ?

I think it is close to the sunroof switch at the top,

wonder is it the same on a fm globetrotter ?

I used to run down to spain in a iveco stralis top and bottom kelsa light bars fitted never had a problem we did have a switch to turn them off but like i say i didnt have a problem guess i colud of just been lucky

i got fined in Switzerland in 2002/3 with this Trux light bar, apparently they are illegal in Europe so the idiot of a copper said, he didnt say anything when i pointed out a Swiss registered bullnose Scania going past us with one on. My boss took it off for a month then sais sod it i didnt buy it to sit in a shed, and he put it back on, never had another problem wit it. I think i got pulled cos he thought i was overlength, i was 30mm under the limit, ■■■■■■ him off that did, and i was underweight and underheight, so i think the bullbar was an excuse to get some money…

i know someone who got fined in swiss for being over height by a few centimetres and it was the spotlights.he did swiss regular going to italy and it had never been a problem for about 2 years until then.

haven’t had a problem in spain with my top bar and spotlights but I didn’t spec the truck with a bottom bar due to being overlength and having heard of fines being handed out for that, never for the spots though.

What about Vienna convention:

The vehicle must meet all technical requirements to be legal for road use in the country of registration. Any conflicting technical requirements (e.g. right-hand-drive or left-hand-drive) in the signatory country where the vehicle is being driven do not apply.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_Con … ad_Traffic

In my view, if your lightbars are legal in UK and your lorry is UK registered, they can’t touch you!

since an artic with a bottom light bar is as a rule over the 16.5m limit, oh yes they can.

milodon:
since an artic with a bottom light bar is as a rule over the 16.5m limit, oh yes they can.

But then this is not about technical requirements, but simply about dimensions, and that’s the different question. Such vehicle is illegal not becouse it has bottom light bar, but simply becouse is too long.

and I was simply pointing out the fact that although they might not be able to nick you on the pretense of having a light bar, they’ll do you for being overlength. over to you for the last word, as always, eh?

milodon:
and I was simply pointing out the fact that although they might not be able to nick you on the pretense of having a light bar, they’ll do you for being overlength.

Oh, that’s you, the Mighty Poles-Eater, the Famous Estonian Troll :slight_smile: I forget that I decided to not to speak with you, but your normal post misled me and I did not recognized you at the first time :wink:

This thread is not about lenght of the vehicle but about light bars. You can have plenty of situations when adding the lightbars will not make vehicle any longer. Your example is only one of many possibilities and in this case (and only in this case) you are right: you can’t drive such lorry legally in Europe.

So I admitted that you are right. Happy now?

over to you for the last word, as always, eh?

Don’t worry, from now on you won’t get any reaction to your trolling from my side again. It was simply that I haven’t seen you for some time here and I forgot who you are. Sorry, it won’t happen again :wink:

get a grip jacek, for someone who has nothing to say you sure spew a lot of bs. ever since you “becomed a teacher”, rotflmao. The troll-naming is actually a compliment - shows you really have nothing else to say.