Top 4 bridges

More idiots driving trucks than I realised [emoji54]

Handy postcodes guide from Network Rail for the bridge hitters to ensure they dont get lost enroute (assuming the sat nav is working). Wonder who can tickoff all 5 by 2019. :slight_smile:

That 2nd one is only 7ft high, that’s a lot of Amazon vans

The alternative route to avoid the top one is the level crossing next to the bridge. The solution there is to close the bridge and make all traffic use the level crossing. Will cause chaos but so does hitting the bridge.

The second one also has a level crossing next to it. The new Ely bypass is due to open this week which should save that bridge some agro

I suppose that makes sense bearing in mind that they are both on the Fens.

I’m guessing nearly all the strikes on the first two will be vans seeing as they’re windscreen height for lorries :open_mouth:

The A142 bridge is nine feet high and height notices in cabs are required for vehicles over ten feet. Could explain why they hit the bridge. Rethink on cab height notices required.

waddy640:
The alternative route to avoid the top one is the level crossing next to the bridge. The solution there is to close the bridge and make all traffic use the level crossing. Will cause chaos but so does hitting the bridge.

Is that the one that is like properly properly low and you’d think twice going under in a transit van never mind a truck?

It would have been more interesting if it was a league of drivers who have hit the most bridges. accompanied with photos and interview.
I wonder what the record is, wonder if anyone has had a hat trick with the same bridge :smiley:

DickyNick:

waddy640:

Is that the one that is like properly properly low and you’d think twice going under in a transit van never mind a truck?

This is it.

Can see how they hit it :open_mouth:

Bridge #2

Best picture I could get cos the Google car was too high to underneath it.

Bridge #3

Bridge #4

Last one

Bridge #5

the Grantham one…i’ve actually had a car try to come by me on my nearside as i eased my way through (in the middle)! :frowning: Network Rail on the odd occasion have had a van and crew sitting there…waiting…

Ely bridge will be closing this week, as the new bypass opens today.

itv.com/news/anglia/2018-10 … pen-today/

Bridge #5 Grantham is the one next to Travis Perkins iirc. Turning left out of their gate was only for the brave even though we ran at 13’9 as you don’t get room to straighten the trailer up so I always used to turn right and turn around up the road. Usually had jewsons after tp which is the other side of the bridge hence not going all the way round via the A1!!!

Surprised there’s no Jeff or Kevin.