tooth ache

well, as you can see by the time, I’ve not had a great night’s sleep! I’ve got really bad tooth ache but it’s strange - more like high in the gum above the tooth, abcess??

I know it’s not serious really but typing this is also helping to keep my mind off it :unamused:

I’m not registered with a dentist so I’ll have to go to the emergency place again (been twice in about 5yrs and got moaned at for it!!) any idea what sort of knock the piggy bank’s about to take?

Not nice having toothache.
Iv’e had terrible earache for the last few days,But she’s going to work today so it will improve no end :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tonyb

Abcess, definately. Just recovering from one myself. Basic charge will be £16.50, plus a prescription charge if they give you antibiotics. They can’t do complicated stuff at the out of hours service, so you’ll probably need to register with a dentist ASAP afterwards.

thanks everyone :frowning: not had chance to do anything yet - I know driving round all day ■■■■■ when you’re in pain, and I can also tell you pain killers won’t touch it for more than 15-20 mins (which isn’t great when you can’t take more for 4hrs!).

anyways, it’s now grown a soft blister kinda thing now and still hurts worse than anything I can remember having before- time to get something done about it methinks :open_mouth:

on the plus side, I’ve packed the ■■■■ in :unamused: :laughing:

Yep thats an abcess all right. Got toothache myself at the moment, again not registered with a dentist so it’s off to the dental hospital when i can get in. Just stick to the anadin and try to get through it. Funnily enough giving up the smokes will help as they do rot your teeth.

everytime i get a mouth abcess i always have a packet of the real mcoy salt and viniger crisps, it always seems to burst embut dunno why

:grimacing: well, took all of about 5mins to sort - the dentist took one look at me and got to work - (the abcess was about the size of a fizzy bottle top when I got up on sunday :open_mouth:) Having looked at the tooth he announced the nerve would have died so no need for an injection, he drilled into the tooth and let all the ■■■■■ drain out, a quick squeeze and a wash with antiseptic and a filling and I was on my way! £16.50 plus a tenner for some antibiotics but I’ve gotta go to a dentist to have it sorted properly (route canal work :open_mouth: sounds expensive!).

If I’d known what he was going to do I’d’ve set to work with the dremel :laughing:

Hi darkseeker, Depending on how you choose to view it, you might have been lucky not to lose a tooth…

I’ve had abscesses on different occasions, but my treatment was different to yours…

Bearing in mind that I am registered with a dentist, they chose to give me a prescription for antibiotics on those occasions.
After the antibiotics had done their work, I’ve always had to have an extraction to completely eradicate the problem.
I should add that, in my case, I was never offered root-canal treatment.

I’m no expert in these matters, but I’d guess that there may be differences between dentists on how they treat abscesses, or it may be to do with any underlying causes of abscesses, or their size or position, as to what treatment they carry out.

Good luck with the root-canal work!! :smiley:

:laughing: well done for spotting the spelling “mistake”!

I dunno what the dentist I’ve registered with is going to do Dave (gotta wait two weeks before I can see them), hopefuly I’ll be able to keep the tooth :confused: or at least get a nice falser that doesn’t keep falling out :confused: I’ll let you know either way…

Well this week i have lost yet another tooth. It was an abcess i had so a course of anti-biotics and another trip to the Herr Mengle to see what he says. He wants to go down the whole root canal idea for a few hundred quid. How much to get it out then i says. Well hmmm errr and all the kind of noises a good mechanic makes while trying to think of other ways to get more cash out of you. Well a deal was done at £40 and i wished i had had the root canal because im sure he hurt me on purpose for going against his judgement. :imp:

ffs, how do they expect people to afford that!!? Starting to sound like I’m gonna be as gappy as a 6yr old :cry: (it’s next to my goofers). Not been yet and I’ve got work for next week which obviously I can’t turn down but at least it’ll help to pay the dentist’s bill :imp: maybe I should sign on and turn some work down for a fortnight or so :grimacing: (generally only work 2-3 days a week anyway). :laughing:

No point signing on. I am out of work at the moment but i still couldn’t get free treatment as i have savings. Go the cheaper route it saves the hassle in the long run even if your gob ends up like a Fighting Patrol ( all blacked out and 5 meters apart )like mine

Finaly! An update.

On the nhs, it’s costing me 45quid to have
today’s checkup, the root canal job, a filling
redone and a new filling. Quite chuffed with
that!

The root canal job will probably need a crown
at extra expense but not nearly as bad as I expected.

Thanks boys and girls.

Well basically I rather give birth again than put up with this tooth-ache!!! I been awake most of last night and today well it hurts! :cry: I think the cold weather is making it hurt more if thats possible?!! doulbling up on pain killers with little affect! Have been on waiting list for over year now in Cornwall with no joy, cost me £80. just to walk through a private dentist door( if I had £80. I would!!) but then could’nt afford the treatment! I went home back to London last week so went to see my old dentist as still on their books, had one filling and a well over due scale & polish cost me £45. sorted I thought? till yesterday when things took a turn for the worst. My dentist in London said I need refering for root canal poss extraction? at £600-£700 Ouch! in more ways than one!!! On a good note I found a fiver today while out walking the dogs maybe I should buy me some lottery tickets, then if I win I be booking me an appointment… Wish me Luck…X

SamIam:
Well basically I rather give birth again than put up with this tooth-ache!!!

Better let the dentist know that as he will need to adjust the chair accordingly. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

SamIam:

Better let the dentist know that as he will need to adjust the chair accordingly. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes madam how may I help Apicoectomy or Episiotomy sound the same but different ends of the body! I found that out rather embarrasingly previously while under private health care I phoned and pre-authorised my dental treatment and told then my dentist had recommended that I needed an episiotomy I was ask to hold while the telephonist checked something? She was trying to work out how to say how the hell dose my dentist know whats going on in my knickers? or maybe he was just a big boy and I needed some help? :open_mouth: either way I did feel quite silly when she explained what I had said :blush:

SamIam:

Coffeeholic:

SamIam:

Yes madam how may I help Apicoectomy or Episiotomy sound the same but different ends of the body! I found that out rather embarrasingly previously while under private health care I phoned and pre-authorised my dental treatment and told then my dentist had recommended that I needed an episiotomy I was asked to hold while the telephonist checked something? She was trying to work out how to say how the hell dose my dentist know whats going on in my knickers? or maybe he was just a big boy and I needed some help? :open_mouth: either way I did feel quite silly when she explained what I had said :blush:

Have had tooth ache for the last month or so.
Must admit ime a whimp when it comes to going to the dentist, not regisitered with one-last time was the walk in centre @the local health centre.
The Carlsberg export/Nurophen combo is not having much effect now and seriously thinking of pulling the ■■■■■■ out meself.
Anybody else done that ?

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT TRY IT.

I have a massive fear of dentists and many years ago decided to DIY my own. Well you pay for it down the line when they have to put it all right again after you leave half the root in the gum and it gets infected. Just get a valium and go see em than get down the A&E they have to treat you then.

AS a registered COWARD as regarding DENTISTS DOCTORS & INJECTIONS etc etc
my last visit was about20years ago where the orthodontists did me out of
5 teeth,sorry i need full anaesthetic or its a no go,