Toolbox.

Suggestions please for my truck toolbox. Now that my company are paying for anything I want, it’s time to put a decent truck toolbox together.

So far I have…

10-19mm open-ended and ring spanners.

10-21mm flared nut spanners.

Adjustable spanner, Stilson’s pipe wrench.

20 piece screwdriver set.

Filter wrench.

Claw and ball-pein hammer.

Hex key set.

Allen key set.

Tyre pressure gauges.

Multimeter.

Duck Tape, cable ties.

What have I forgotten? I want to have everything I need to do any roadside repair short of major component failure. Any suggestions?

Half decent socket set with various extensions and what not, with an half decent ratchet!

Plenty jubilee clips for turbo pipes and water pipes.

Airline blower upper thing for tyres (saved me a few times).

Harry Monk:
Suggestions please for my truck toolbox. Now that my company are paying for anything I want, it’s time to put a decent truck toolbox together.

So far I have…

10-19mm open-ended and ring spanners.

10-21mm flared nut spanners.

Adjustable spanner, Stilson’s pipe wrench.

20 piece screwdriver set.

Filter wrench.

Claw and ball-pein hammer.

Hex key set.

Allen key set.

Tyre pressure gauges.

Multimeter.

Duck Tape, cable ties.

What have I forgotten? I want to have everything I need to do any roadside repair short of major component failure. Any suggestions?

Socket set 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive,with standard and deep sockets. If the company(ie you-)) are paying-- a rail of torx sockets,allen sockets and reverse torx sockets as well.

wd 40 to go with the duck tape
if it moves and it shouldnt use the tape
if it wont move and it should use the wd40

decent strong bar, nuts on trucks can take some shifting
lump hammer
wheel brace and ally scaffold tube
jump leads hd
air line for tyres
selection of chisels and punches
jack

A couple of torches and a magnetic flashing beacon for emergencies.

An air line …

Tread depth gauge! Oil can. Grease gun? Screen wash, oil, anti freeze? Torque wrench. Condoms!!!

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?j1snqn

Fuses, bulbs, a box of assorted electrical connectors and a length of decent electrical wire. :smiley:

Spare airline and primary elecy suzy :wink:

Anything for electrical jobs…

Pliers - normal and long nosed

Side cutters

Wire strippers

Choccy blocks (NOT them scotch lock things) them in-line crimp wire joiners

Electrical screw driver + various other screwdrivers

Lengths of different wire

Telescopic Magnet…

Madguy :smiling_imp:

If you take everything suggested,you might just have enough payload left to deliver empty boxes------

Cuddly toy… well this is sounding like the generation game! You might want to consider an air operated grinder. Just incase you end up with a yellow medallion hanging off the front corner

A good Stanley knife - preferably one that you can keep spare blades in the handle…

Spare blades :smiley:

Might I suggest a couple of adjustables, not just one? Bahco’s are pretty indestructable and don’t destroy the nuts or bolts like others seem too… A 10 inch and a 4 inch will do you for most jobs. With the 10 inch, get one with the reversible head so it also acts like a small pipe wrench - invaluable when you’re stuck…

You only need two things Harry

A lump hammer & a condom, first hit it with hammer if that don’t work screw it & call a fitter out

Ah yes, have a socket set, forgot that. Have a couple of sets of Mole Grips, and a few torches. Have a few pairs of pliers but could do with more.

Need wire strippers- thanks.

Need wire- thanks.

Will get a spare suzie and airline sorted out.

Have two sets of jump leads, one set can jump truck-to-truck even when the batteries are on opposite sides to each other. (bought them in Poland over 15 years ago and still one of the best purchases I’ve ever made).

Need more pliers- thanks.

Will get some jubilee clips, fuses, telescopic magnet.

Keep the suggestions coming chaps!

Hand cleaner dont wanna be getting back in your truck coverd in grease

A pair of throw away overalls, them white thingys, for if you have to crawl under the motor.

Large pack of cable ties.

Head torch
Super glue … For first aid as well
And a cab phone for the really important break downs

Did we get some Torx bits?

Grab a slack handful of Wade couplers in various sizes. John Guest do them as well, and a sharp knife.

Dashboard and interior light bulbs because they will ■■■■ you off if there is one out :stuck_out_tongue:

If you are venturing over, find yourself a rigid towbar to bolt across the chassis. Belgium is a good place to find those.

And if it all goes ■■■■ up a dry box of swan vestas.

Good Luck H. I mean it!