Too Heavy?

Can someone point me in the right direction please. I have tried searching the HSE website but failing miserably.

What is the maximum allowed weight that one person is allowed to move with a pallet truck. 1 ton pallet down the length of a trailer seems a bit excessive to me even if i wasnt overweight, unfit and staring to feel my age.

how-much-weight-can-a-pallet-truck-move

It seems from most places I googled that the actual weight moved on such a truck by an individual depends entirely on the capabilities of that individual

A well maintained and regularly serviced pallet truck will easily move 2000kg and if you sweep the trailer floor before loading it is even easier.

I am also unfit, unwell and overweight. It is certainly much easier than carrying 1000 x 25kg sacks or cartons down the length of a trailer.

Alan…:
Can someone point me in the right direction please. I have tried searching the HSE website but failing miserably.

What is the maximum allowed weight that one person is allowed to move with a pallet truck. 1 ton pallet down the length of a trailer seems a bit excessive to me even if i wasnt overweight, unfit and staring to feel my age.

You won’t find any maximum stated. You should only move what you feel comfortable moving. That might mean breaking the load down to more manageable amounts or seeking help. One tonne is a considerable amount to move and a lot depends on the circumstances i.e. what’s the trailer floor like, are you on a slope, is the pallet truck knackered, are you knackered and so on.

Most pallet trucks that i have seen are able to move 2000kgs. The most i have ever moved is 1000kgs (bags of grit on a pallet.) It was a bit of a sod but i would say that it depends on the quality of the pallet truck you use, some look like they should be in a musem!
I have rollers in the floor of my truck though which make life a bit easier! :sunglasses:

Hiya …i think the hse limit is 600kgs. but as we know if you are a truck driver you will improvize.
there are tricks you can do to make thing easier like if you are loading lower the airbags on the unit
so your traveling down hill and not pull/pushing up. or unloading up the unit or lower the trailer.
you know were we’re coming from. I’ve moved 2 ton on a pallet truck using this method
but don’t try to turn the pallet. roll to the back then put the pallet truck to the other side of the pallet
and finish off to the back door.I know its stupid but easies than carring bags 40 odd ft to and fro.
John

3300John:
Hiya …i think the hse limit is 600kgs. but as we know if you are a truck driver you will improvize.
there are tricks you can do to make thing easier like if you are loading lower the airbags on the unit
so your traveling down hill and not pull/pushing up. or unloading up the unit or lower the trailer.
you know were we’re coming from. I’ve moved 2 ton on a pallet truck using this method
but don’t try to turn the pallet. roll to the back then put the pallet truck to the other side of the pallet
and finish off to the back door.I know its stupid but easies than carring bags 40 odd ft to and fro.
John

Sorry i never said if its a regular job and you drivie a ridgid put some timber under your front wheels
it takes time but its easer than pulling your gut out.
john again

Dont you get different size pump trucks anyway for different weights or are they all the same just the length of the forks vary?? I struggle with 1000kg pallets anyway let alone when i have a drop on a gradient :unamused:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Dont you get different size pump trucks anyway for different weights or are they all the same just the length of the forks vary?? I struggle with 1000kg pallets anyway let alone when i have a drop on a gradient :unamused:

Ive had a pallet truck break when I had a pallet of AdBlue on it, luckily the last pallet of that drop!!!