Too fast, holding me up

my wife was at work yesterday, and came across a know it all, that knows [zb] all.
my wifes colleague was complaining that the hgvs were going far to fast on the motorway.
my explained that they are limited to 56mph, and she could do 70mph.
she then said that she couldn’t get past them, as they were hogging the middle land, and it’s illegal to use the middle lane in a hgv.
my wife then counteracted this by saying, i thought he was going faster than you? why didn’t you use the outside lane? why was you in the second lane when you wasn’t overtaking? and it’s the outside lane they can’t use.

i think she did prety well. the colleague was a laughing stock.

My wife likes to inform the uninformed aswell. Where she works, they objected to a local plant firm having a muck washing plant built. They wanted employees to sign a petition and the Mrs refused, calling them hypocrites as their new dc was built on an old tip, just opposite the waste site.
She likes to have a go at the “40mph moaners” too, asking them if they’d drive everywhere well over the speed limit.
A favourite one of hers is to point out that without lorries they’d be out of a job.

limeyphil:
my wife was at work yesterday, and came across a know it all, that knows [zb] all.
my wifes colleague was complaining that the hgvs were going far to fast on the motorway.
she then said that she couldn’t get past them, as they were hogging the middle land, and it’s illegal to use the middle lane in a hgv.
my wife then counteracted this by saying, i thought he was going faster than you? why didn’t you use the outside lane? why was you in the second lane when you wasn’t overtaking? and it’s the outside lane they can’t use.

Fair play to her! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is what we are up against folks !!! Everybody knows the job even when they haven’t got a clue

limeyphil:

Sadly this is what the majority of other road users think rather than the minority,like the muppets who will sit in their car behind a truck in the middle lane for a few minutes then flay past at speed when the truck has finished overtaking rather than use the outside lane.

limeyphil:
my wife

I don’t believe that you have a wife. Enjoy your hand!

SwedishSteel:

limeyphil:
my wife

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bobbya:

SwedishSteel:

limeyphil:
my wife

the women.jpg

I know her… :wink:

I noticed you took the keys from the ignition before taking the photo…good move.

More lies.

Hey that’s my mum!!

limeyphil:

Limeyphill, are you sure your not that lovelyperson and immigrant?

Many years ago we had a “lady” (I use that word advisedly) working in our traffic office. She followed me into the office one morning and complained to the boss that I was driving so fast she couldn’t pass me. Bill Gallimore (RIP) asked her what speed she was doing and why was she trying to pass me in a 30mph zone. She couldn’t answer either question, I went and retrieved my tacho card which showed 30mph max since I had exited the motorway. She was still adamant I was in the wrong when Bill told her to get on with her job and mind her own business. The bonus was, I was in the yard a few days later when a police car followed her in and booked her for speeding in the same 30mph zone. :smiley: :smiley: He asked her why she hadn’t stopped when she saw his lights, her reply was, (THIS IS THE GOSPEL TRUTH) I only use that mirror when I’m checking on my grandaughter in her baby seat!
The fine and points quickly followed :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kevmac47

limeyphil:

bobbya:

SwedishSteel:

limeyphil:
my wife

OMFG, would rather use my hand … you sure it was a real convo or another made up story??

lol thats made my day :smiley:

discoman:

limeyphil:

bobbya:

SwedishSteel:

limeyphil:
my wife

OMFG, would rather use my hand … you sure it was a real convo or another made up story??